Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Engine and Drivetrain

Old 01-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
Alexg89

Vehicle: 1995 hardbody ext cab ka 2wd 1998 Frontier ext ka 4wd 2007 D40 CC 4wd w/2in leveling kit
Default lets talk engine assembly i got ?s

ill have pictures to follow
Im currently rounding parts for finally assemnly and im at a stand still

as i was putting new rod studs in i noticed that each rod has their own number on both the cap and rod. do these go next to eachother or are they 180 out.
id hate to put this thing together and it be locked slap up and not move cause its clamped wrong
heres what i got

This is kinda what im looking at for colors to btw
Daily - 2007 Nissan frontier crew can 4wd , first truck/project - 1995 King can 2wd , mud truck - 1998 frontier ext can 4wd owned: 1991 single can 2wd, 1994 ext can 2wd, 1985 720 4wd, 2000 crew can 2wd v6
Alexg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:07 AM   #2
dvdswan
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 96 HB

Numbers match like the #1 rod and cap.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2618002
dvdswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:21 PM   #3
Stinky

Vehicle: 86 2wd 720, 86 4x4D21

Those are there so that when you re-assemble it, the caps go w/the right rods...sorta self-explanatory.

Nissan did not put those on there. Therefore, there is no set standard. But, it is about 99.99% probable that swan is correct, IF, the person that put those there did them prior to the motor being disassembled....if not, there is a possibility that they took them apart and got confused about which way they came apart a screwed up the stamping process.

Tis very logical to stamp, move the stamp 1" and wack it again. If on the motor, they'd have to turn the motor to get it to the other side. If they did it afterwards, in a vice...then a bazillion times easier to screw it up as they had to take the cap off, turn the crank, and then, at some point put it back on.

If you have doubt....there is a slot, in the cap, and also in the rod. There is a protrusion on the rod bearing that goes in to that slot. I am pretty sure that those are on dif sides of the cap and bearing and not on the same side of the rod, when assembled.
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:03 PM   #4
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Vehicle: Nissan HB KC 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post

If you have doubt....there is a slot, in the cap, and also in the rod. There is a protrusion on the rod bearing that goes in to that slot. I am pretty sure that those are on dif sides of the cap and bearing and not on the same side of the rod, when assembled.
Or are they on the SAME side to prevent rotation in both directions? At least that's how I remember them going.
Reserector is offline   Reply With Quote