Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > 05+ Frontier Forum (D40)

Old 02-07-2021, 11:46 PM   #1
TWX
Glutton for Punishment

Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4x4
Default Vibration resolved through a bit of stress on the frame?

So as we're all aware, these trucks have a bit of a penchant for vibration. My crew cab longbed is no exception, and it usually manifested around 50 MPH.

Recently I bought a travel trailer and decided to tow it around-town to get a feel for it before going on a road trip. I towed the 3500# trailer around forty miles. Later that afternoon after I'd put the trailer away I went for a short ten or so mile drive, and the vibration was gone. I'm still not entirely sure why, because it doesn't look like there's any tweaking of the frame as the spacing between the cab and bed looks unchanged to the eye.

Next time I drive it I'll have to see if the vibration is still absent or not. If this worked then not sure what to say really.

Former:
"Good Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, Federal Emissions
"Evil Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, California Emissions
1989 Hardbody Regular Cab Short Bed 4x2 Z24 5spd, Black
TWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:18 AM   #2
Rubble

Vehicle: 2013 NISSAN FRONTIER SVV6 KC 2WD AT Original Owner ~ 1993 NISSAN HARDBODY KC 4CYL 2WD AT(SOLD)

TWX,

I bought my '13 V6 KC 2wd brand new and have never had any vibration's so far with 16K mile's. So far mine has been very smooth and quiet.

I had a vibration on the '93 I4 KC 2wd that I also bought new and it still had the vibration when I sold it 20 year's later with 174K mile's. It may have been the Driveshaft causeing that vibration. I had everything else checked out including bent or warped wheel's but never did find what the cause was.

It might be the Center Slide Coupleing on your's maybe that was in some sort of bind, maybe. Just a guess though.

Regards,