Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 03-13-2016, 04:10 AM   #1
Glech

Vehicle: 1998 frontier
Default Dropping truck need opinions/advice.

I'll be lowering my frontier Tuesday with a buddy who has experience. I purchased 2" drop spindles, 3" blocks,and 4" blocks. Now my goal is get this truck as low as possible without damaging the truck. Ideally I'd like to install the spindles and crank the torsion bar about an inch lower and use the 4" blocks in the rear. He mentioned using shims to help keep the angle somewhat in line with the 4" blocks. The problem I see is the tip of the overload leaf spring is gonna be 3inches from the pavement Thanks to the the leaf tapering down. Im.wondering if I should cut the leafspring back and gain another inch of clearance? Or install 3" blocks and remove the middle leaf. How would you guys proceed?
Glech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:09 AM   #2
86elco

Vehicle: 2001 frontier

I just got done with lowering mine about 2 weeks ago. I went only torsion drop in front and I'm pretty much maxed out on them with the bump stops removed. I did 3 in blocks in rear and re drilled the hangers. I've had no issues with pinion angle and have plenty of ground clearance on the leafs. Only place that gets close to the ground on mine is the original hanger mounts that I haven't trimmed off yet.

Pic of mine for reference
86elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Glech (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Glech

Nice looking truck. Pretty much what I'am aiming for.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
harper

Vehicle: 04 Frontier

I had torsion only drop up front, two years later insides of the front tires were worn pretty bad. So now I got spindles to reduce camber.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:04 PM   #5
Glech

I didn't install the spindles,just torsion bar drop. Looks good though. I still have the spindles so if I wear tires I'll install them.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:55 AM   #6
eriveron

Vehicle: Frontier 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86elco View Post
I just got done with lowering mine about 2 weeks ago. I went only torsion drop in front and I'm pretty much maxed out on them with the bump stops removed. I did 3 in blocks in rear and re drilled the hangers. I've had no issues with pinion angle and have plenty of ground clearance on the leafs. Only place that gets close to the ground on mine is the original hanger mounts that I haven't trimmed off yet.

Pic of mine for reference
Can you provide more details on what you used for the front? Did you only do torsion bar? Did you use pinto shocks or did you keep stock size shocks? I am very new to this and i want to make sure i do it without damaging my truck while keeping it cost effective.

Last edited by eriveron; 04-22-2016 at 06:06 AM.
eriveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
harper

Vehicle: 04 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriveron View Post
I am very new to this and i want to make sure i do it without damaging my truck while keeping it cost effective.
I'd recommend spending the money up front for drop spindles, unless you're ready to rotate your tires often due to the insides of the front tires wearing down due to camber.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote