Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto
Default 2 Keys Louise

96 Hardbody King Cab Auto. 257XXX miles and counting, daily driver. No "major upgrades yet" although I do have a laundry list. The name "2 Keys Louise" is because it takes one key to unlock and a different one to start.

Minor improvements include:

1. Depo tail, clear corner, clear turn lenses (Clear turn signal always held water until I had to just take the gasket out and clean them good. No issues now)

2. There was no audio at all when I bought it last year (October 2014) Installed Pioneer double din unit (looking fowrard to backup camera once added). Ran wiring for door speakers, rear speakers, subs, and amps. Audio consists of 1 set (front doors) of Alpine componet speakers, 6.5 mids and tweeters. Rear is Alpine 2 way 6.5s and 2 8 inch Alpine type R subs powered by RF P5002 500w RMS two channel bridged @ 4ohm amp. Its ok, not competition, but it works. **Side note, I have gone through a total of 4, yes 4 subwoofers. When they work as intended, they are unbelievable. When they dont, its because the rubber has separated from the 2 piece cone and RATTLES, emphasis on the RATTLES. This has since been fixed by Superglue.

3. HID headlights.

4. New interior carpet (PIMA to install and almost has me second guessing ever doing it again, ever)

5. Bed tonneu cover, however it did come off my last totaled hardbody.

6. Full sized matching wheel spare.

7. Refreshing of broken, cracked, or missing trim parts.

Major upgrades in future:

1. Obviously.....dropping it, duh.

2. Better audio, C/O Sundown Audio.

3. Interior improvements to include total LED conversion, suroof, and coating / upholstering the damn vinyl doors. Maybe carpet again one day, something easier to deal with than that automotive carpet.

4. Exterior improvements, total LED conversion of all bulbs, New custom hardbody grille with dual inset round HID drive lights.

5. Relocate and upgrade exhaust. Would like to see the exhaust exit just before the rear wheel on both sides.

6. Paint. While the paint is in really good shape, I have debated back and forth on what my final plan was. Like above in the header, I like that tint/shade/deepness of the blue. Im thinking of doing the same thing with the nissan green. If not that, then I though of line-x or rhino the entire truck and "murder" it out. Each comes with its own benefits. Dont know which is better.

7. Wheels. These are already picked out, but I may find better. They are the 2003 Pathfinder wheels. Ill post them when I can.

Thats about it I guess. It wont be a drifter for sure, with that auto transmission. Been researching if its possible to swap for a better auto transmission, dont know just yet. To me its not how fast you get there, just how you get there. Pics below.

Stay tuned for more-
Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #2
Scrapingpavement

Vehicle: 86.5 KC D21 Bagged - 64 F100 Short Wide - 86.5 KC D21 Stock

Great looking truck! cant wait to see more! and it dropped
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 AM   #3
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

I agree, nice start

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
hardbodyhero (05-02-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,828 Posts

Good looking truck
Old 01-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #5
static drop

Vehicle: 94 Nissan Hardbody

Looks like it's in pretty good shape.
Thanked by:
Old 01-27-2015, 02:35 AM   #6
harper

Vehicle: 04 Frontier

Those boxes for the rear look sweet. Did you make them?
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #7
hardbodyhero

Naah, wish I could say I came up with them.....cant lie. They were in there when I bought her. I owe some people the schematics though. When I get time I'm going to do some rough measurments and post them.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:15 AM   #8
hardbodyhero

Snapped a pretty cool picture the other day. Hopefully she wont look like this for long-

Got to love the Louisiana Backdrop

Old 05-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
hardbodyhero

OK, minor update-

Deleted the rear bumper, hopeful to get roll pan soon. I come to a point when you know you have that dented whoped bumper and every time you look at the back of your truck it looks like its leaning one way or another.

Call me a weirdo, but it had to come off. Ive debated replacing it with another bumper, as I have had several lined up for purchase on Craigslist, but the sorry sons of bitches never follow though. Whatever.......adapt and overcome.

Anyway, got 3inch drop in back and torsions all the way out to the point that I have no more adjustment. As you see, for 14's and the type tires, its not that bad. Next up for suspension will be drop spindles (when I get the 17s, Im looking for also included in this post), adjustable air shocks for rear, and pinto's for front. Rrrrooodddee on b-b-b-bumpstttooops for a week. Forget that crap. Cut them down. Bought some from energy suspension, rear required that I tap into the frame (ill probably figure out a mount for them instead or weld them in place?). Fronts I didnt have time to do it properly by removing the strut to get access to the bolt, meh....whatever. They are all cut and the ride improved substantially.

So, Ill just leave it here......

Getting gas, had to remove the bed and all the other day. My fuel sending unit gasket was shit. It had been since I got the truck, but I had been avoiding the inevitable. Codes P0420 (lol) and P0440 all the time, on and off, on and off. Got fed up, got the bed off, checked all the emissions, all was good except the 1 inch of built up grime on top of the FSU. Cleaned it off, and removed it (obvious fuel stains around the tank from leakage. Went ahead and changed the FSU from my off truck (the red menace) and went and got a new gasket. Put it all back together, and now I finally have the whoosh when you open the gas cap. System remains semi-pressurized as intended.

I also cut the cat. I was having issues with losing power going up hills off and on, all while codes were on and CEL was lit. With the 440 (Cat below threshold Bank 1) I'm guessing it was just a bad rear Oxy sensor. After it was cut, looked down it and yea I could see light, so It wasn't that more than likely. I left it out anyway and have had significant improvement, and yes its an auto, so Im already fighting that. Filled up and got 28 mpg. Im not kidding.

At the house

Still at the house, just from the other side......
Old 05-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #10
Miggz707
12/85' HB SBC V8 SWAP

Vehicle: 1986 HB Reg Cab

I see the graphics are gone now on both sides lol. Looks better imo. Nice work. More low.

SBC V8 350 carbed-TH400, Dana 44 LSD, X-drilled/slotted rotors, 4" blocks, pintos, 17" Z71's.
Miggz707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: