Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 08-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #23331
Tetsuichi

Vehicle: 1991 d21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broman76 View Post
Do you have a link for the window trim? I need some for my 96. Thanks.
There's a bunch of users all selling the same stuff, so just pick one that has reasonable shipping i'd say. The specific user that I bought from is "vevacollection".
Tetsuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:54 AM   #23332
Midnight Tech
Technical Admin

Location: Back in SC again...in the back of a REAL parts store...
Vehicle: 1986.5 D21 Hardbody 2WD

Got rest of carpet put back into Hector.

Out of Round Tuits....
Midnight Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:07 AM   #23333
rustytexasD21

Vehicle: 1992 rustyboi

I put headlights in that changed them from sealed beam to 9003 bulbs yesterday and then picked these 15s up with decent tires for $120 today

EC0AF471-21DC-4BED-B705-015965E0F62D.jpeg

41DA886B-8E4E-4182-8CE2-74A11A2D9172.jpeg

56B6E022-CE9A-477E-8A3F-219783E76CA8.jpeg
rustytexasD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:46 AM   #23334
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 2009 Xterra, 1997 D21 King Cab XE (sold)

It is decided...

I am putting the Teal Terror up for sale this coming Friday via Craigslist.

I will miss that truck, I know it.

But my life has changed lately and what I need is a small SUV that can tow a reasonable amount of weight. So I am getting an Xterra. Looking for a low mileage one in the 2003-04 year range, when they were smaller and came with the Fosgate stereo and a bunch of other goodies. I don't want one of the bigger ones that came later with the larger gas-sucking 4.0 liter engine.

Might as well put up a couple of pictures for old times sake. Truck is still here in the driveway and I already miss it. We had many adventures together and it never let me down.

2009 Xterra, 4.0 liter, automatic, 4WD. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (08-30-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 04:57 AM   #23335
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
It is decided...

I am putting the Teal Terror up for sale this coming Friday via Craigslist.

I will miss that truck, I know it.
OK... share a link when you place it.

What he is saying is the aerodynamics of a D21 is a brick in the wind.
Probably at least as bad as a Jeep so worse than a cow.
89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:00 AM   #23336
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 2009 Xterra, 1997 D21 King Cab XE (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89'HBV6 View Post
OK... share a link when you place it.

I will if you wish, but no one from IN will buy it no matter how nice it is or how many mods or new parts have been done. (It's a big list)

Mainly because I am holding out for a pretty fair amount of money, and I am in no big rush to sell it unless I can get what I want from it, or close.

Let me put it this way: If you offered me $5,000 I would say no. I have said no to that offer twice before. Today I saw one on Craigslist nearly identical to mine with the same number of miles, but not as nice tires (the Cooper Cobra GT radials are full warranted with free road service and road damage replacement for 60K miles)...and they wanted $7900. I am asking less for mine.

EDIT: I decided to reveal the ad I will be running at Craigslist starting this coming weekend. It is long. It is totally crazy. But a dollar to a doughnut says I get close to what I am asking. I have a feeling about it. Plus Craigslist allows you up to like 40 pictures or something. I can work with that.

Quote:
1997 Nissan XE King Cab truck. $7,500/best offer.

Excellent condition, heavily upgraded from stock, absolutely no issues, drive it to Miami tomorrow if you wish.

Features:

Power steering, all new brakes front and rear, new water pump, new belts, upgraded KYB shocks, American Beauty slotted steel wheels on new white-letter Cooper Cobra GT radial tires. The wheels and tires are 15”, which is a step up from the stock 14-inch wheels Nissan used. This raises the truck about one inch and you will hold corners much better.

AC blows ice-cold and truck is equipped with Hella off-road lights with an indicator light on the dash. Bucket seats with seat covers, floor mats front and rear, center console with cupholders and storage, rear jump seats with seat belts, and driver’s side air bag. Included with the truck is a spare valve cover, which was professionally polished and the lettering on it painted to match the truck. You will probably want to install it later if you buy the truck.

NOTE: This truck has been completely upgraded to LED lights, both interior and exterior from SuperBrightLed dot com, including the lights on the canopy. Two extra (and LEGAL) running lights are installed down low near the turn signals, so you can definitely see where you are going at night using both the running lights and the headlights. They come on when you hit the headlight switch, or come on by themselves without the headlights if you hit the parking lights. Doing the switchover to LED lowered the drain on the alternator and battery by 250 watts, which is enough to run a typical refrigerator. This leaves much more power for the ignition system, or a bigger stereo. Right now it has a typical four speaker AM/FM stereo going. No CD, but it accepts a USB flash drive if you wish. Because of the additional electrical power from the LED conversion, the engine gets cleaner spark and will go like a bat out of four-cylinder hell if you want it to. I choose to drive it safely and nicely, but I have tested all that and it is the truth. If you fill it with Chevron Supreme, it will love you long time. Your turn signals, brake lights, license plate lights, and parking lights are brighter due to the LED’s and people can see you on the road much better. Your turn signals flash more positively as well. Your chances of ever getting stopped again for a light being out are far less, since most LED’s will go 50,000 hours. Those are all added bonuses for sure and the reason I did the conversion.

Matching canopy is in pretty good shape, locks with key, and has new screening installed on the side slider windows. Slider window also on the front of the canopy. Truck itself has back slider window as well, so you can see out the back through the bed. Comes with two jacks, some emergency road gear in a small box, and a full-size spare. The Cooper Cobra white letter radials are warranted for free road service, free rotation/inspections, and road damage full repair or replacement. This warranty is good for 60,000 miles. In other words, if you run a tire into a curb and wreck the tire, they will install a new tire for you free. I paid extra for that coverage, which is transferable. The tires are warranted, not the owner. Paperwork is in the glove box.

Rubber mat inside the bed, the tow hitch is rated at 2,000 pounds with an additional 200 allowed for the hitch. Small aluminum boat packed with gear, small cargo trailers and the like you can tow with ease. Anything beyond that you should consider a full size truck.

The maintenance on this truck has been exceptional. I say that because I’m the one who did it. Full tune up at least once a year, and oil changes using HyPerLube every 2,000 miles. No leaks in the oil or cooling systems. The original Nissan-embossed vinyl book with the manuals and service records from the dealer are in the glove box. CarFax shows no accidents and it has a clean title ready to go. Licensed until May 2022. It will take you wherever you point the wheel without a sniffle, whether it be to the Seven-Eleven, a trip across the country, or up some Forest Service road in the Olympics.

Twenty-five years after being one of the last hardbodies to roll off the assembly line in Tennessee, this truck only has 132,000 original miles and runs like new. It’s never been abused and gets the best of care. It turns heads wherever it goes. Seat covers and floor mats are included. No cracks or damage to the interior or the dash. If I had kept it a bit longer, I might have painted it but for now the paint job is okay for a 1997. There is no rust anywhere. It shines up pretty good. The 2.4 liter KA-24E engine will get you about 25 miles a gallon on average, unless you drive like a friggin’ nut. It is a manual five-speed transmission, rear wheel drive and has fuel injection. This Nissan has the plug-in for a code reader installed and has OBD 2 capability. No removing of the passenger seat to check any engine codes. You just plug in a code reader down by the fuse box. That feature only appeared in the last two years Nissan made this truck, the 96 and 97 models.

Basically, all the work to make it into a very special small truck has already been done. The next owner only has to keep the tradition alive. I am asking $7,500 for this beautiful rig, The reason I am selling it is to buy a larger SUV to tow a trailer, otherwise I would keep it forever. It is extremely fun to drive. It will go zoom-zoom if you wish. It has no issues and everything works.

Cash only no trades. Open to a reasonable offer, but no lowballers please. I am in no hurry to sell it. Because of how this truck was maintained, its present condition, its history, and all the additions to it, the asking price is reasonable. I will sell it and give you a fair deal, but I will miss it when it’s gone. You might keep it for life.

“Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot.” (Joni Mitchell)

Serious inquiries only please.
Truck is located in the Terrace Heights neighborhood in Yakima, WA.

2009 Xterra, 4.0 liter, automatic, 4WD. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 08-30-2021 at 08:41 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:51 PM   #23337
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: '86.5 Nissan D21, '87 Mercedes 190D Turbo, '10 Mercedes E350 AWD, '16 Suzuki GSXS1000

With truck prices the way they are right now I don't really feel like that's a bad ask, particularly for how well that truck has been taken care of.

OldGreyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #23338
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro
Thanked 1,033 Times in 933 Posts

There has been a 4x4 D21 with an asking price of $10k locally. That guy has got to be on drugs for that price.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:23 AM   #23339
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Just FYI, I think CL charges $5 to post an ad now. It kind of sucks but on the flip side it cuts way back on the number of scammers posting ads. Just a tip: don't engage with people who respond and ask you to reply to a separate email address outside of CL. Scammers do that to get around the spam filters.

I miss mine. But then again, every time I find myself thinking that I remind myself why I sold it...I wasn't using it much anymore and owning it was starting to feel more like a chore than something I enjoyed. I was also catching a lot of grief about fixing it every time something broke versus just getting something else. The silence alone makes it worth it.

And besides, there might be a '94 pathfinder in my future if I can be patient. I still have the money from when I sold my truck last year and that should be enough to buy it when the time comes. It would make a great beater.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:57 AM   #23340
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro
Thanked 1,033 Times in 933 Posts

My little D21 has been the most reliable vehicle my family has ever owned except maybe my mom's Audi. Love my little truck. People try to give me grief about working on it and putting good parts in it. I remind them it's 35 years old and it'll probably still outlast whatever is on the showroom floor today. Well worth putting good parts into and taking my time working on it. Clean everything, anti seize, you name it. Good parts and good care and it has repaid me in spades.

Unfortunately it's getting to the age where things don't die of use but just from how long they have been around. I think my rear leafs are starting to sag. I know my torsion bars are heavily worn as have been reset a few times. One of the torsion bar threaded rods needs to be replaced as the threads are damaged. Those new shocks are garbage and I need to replace them ASAP.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote