View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #15
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

I have about a third of that number you listed. But I have a lot on the early Datsun stuff, too. My favorite thing I ever did on a Nissan was probably restoring the 1982 ZX in 2018. The wife and I did it alone over six weekends and our spare time. Strictly for resale purposes, we got the car by doing four professional cleans on a two-story 6,000 foot square house. They had a baby grand piano in the living room. We were the second owners. The original owner had bought it new in college.

After six weeks of crazy-hard work, we made a bundle and the ZX got a new life down in Portland, Oregon. We live near Seattle. He arrived with cash in an envelope, a flatbed tow rig, and a friend. He ended up driving it back to Portland, and it hadn't been on the road in 13 years. It made it there no problem.

The SECOND most favorite thing I ever did on a Nissan was when my friend Ronnie and I switched out a POS L-16 engine for an L-20B with a Weber carb on a 73 620 truck. From the time we started putting our wrenches to this thing, until the time we fired it up with the new engine...was 90 minutes. The good old days when dinosaurs roamed, and Datsuns were easy to flip for money. Ronnie was the best tranny guy I ever knew. I watched him stand a Dodge Torqueflight on its tail and rebuild it completely from a kit, while he stood there talking to me.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 129,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote