View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 06:34 AM   #1
Resetg

Vehicle: 98 Frontier
Default 98 2.4L tune up n maintance questions

Feel free to call me out! Done a bit of searching but its SOOOO much easier to ask for everyone elses thoughts and opinions who've already gone through it and or have done the research.

Just got my 98....she has 88k original miles....I'm assuming all orginal plugs wires filters etc......So with that first thing I'm doing is going through all the suspension and steering and doing basic maintance.

With that I'm planing on flushing all the fluids, plugs, wires, cap n rotor etc. I'm leaning towards the polished weapon r intake as well. And potentially doing the fan delete and adding some 12v spal fans. Does anyone actually make a all in one fan delete kit for these things?

I'm thinking NGX Iridium plugs (put em in my last 4 or 5 vehicles) and wires. But I don't know if I missed it or not but they do not list a cap n rotor. Also on a side note I noticed MSD does not list any parts for the vehicle.

Is there anything else I should be weary of or look for while doing maintance. Like common problems etc? Heard a few rumors about vacuum issues with this engine. Also I'd like to hear others thoughts and opinions on what products they might prefer over another. I'm not scared to spend money or do the maintance. I just want to make sure I get the best possible parts available even if I have to pay a premium for em!

Thanks in advance!!!!@
Resetg is offline   Reply With Quote