Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 12-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
godzilla

Vehicle: hardbody 1996
Default RB25 D21 Frankenstien Drift Rat

Finally got my VG30 Gearbox /Fatbox and RB bell housing for my RB25DET.
droped it in last week and made some custom engine mountings and brackets.

everything after the motor like started Gearbox(except the RB Bell housing) ,gearbox mounts, propshaft ,differential is Stock VG30 Hardbody.
Note though this build is a combo of partslying in the yard left from other builds so its basiclly a scrapper frankenstein build.
i havent been on here in a wile.so heres my 2 builds.
this one RB25det Powerd Hardbody LWB drifter.
second one VQ30DET D21 doublecab hardbody. the VQ30 is the same as the 350Z motor except its a 3L that is turbo charged from the factory for the Japenes Nissan Cedric and others. but that ill post in a nother build

Engine and box in . box is bolted in place but the engine is sitting on some ply wood ready for mountings. the std brackets are so far back from the engine mounting plates i just cut them out ,no need for them,new ones will be made from scrap metal in the yard.
godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Foul_Mouth
Infamous Autocrosser

Vehicle: 1986.5 4WD Reg Cab/ 1991 2WD Reg Cab(Red)/ 1995 2WD Reg Cab(Green)/ 92 WD21 4WD PathFinder

Boy does that engine take up space, bed mounted radiator?

Foul_Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
godzilla

after lining up motor box and propshaft and getting eveything in its proper place i cut up some 5mil thick I beams i had lying in the trimmed one side flat and drilled some holes to mount against the engine. on the chassis side we used 5mil thick 80x 80 square tubing welded in place. the rubber engine mount was bolted on here . a piece of flat bar also drilled and bolted to the other side of the rubber mount. and some flat bar cut and welded to the I beam plate on the engine side and the flat bar on the rubber mounting side.. didnt get a chance to take more pics wile we made them up.
heres the cab backin place. yes i know the front is cut off.well talk about that later...

this is a pic of just before the mountings were made. we put the 18s on with spacers up front to make it all sit even.
just before going on leave i put on some of the other scrap lying about just to mock up. ,y plan is to leave it looking all beat up and rusty. id love to drift this up against the S chasis and bmw and toyota drift cars out here.

Last edited by godzilla; 12-24-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
godzilla

i dont know yet. for that ill have to get another water pump and extra piping. for now well just mock up and get the engine started . ill need engine management, radiator(i have an old one for now) intercooler (ill borow an old one) and do pipe work, i ll take the t3/t4 turbo from my other engine. heres a list of what i want to do sort of a wish list.
i have a full Nissan 200sx S14 front suspention with Tein coilovers that was donated and salvaged from a wreck but no 5 stud hubs( they were stolen
I also have Lambourghini Julpha front struts which comes with 5x120(bmw pcd) hubs, shocks, springs, disks ,4 pot calipers which also convert the rig to a 5 stud up front.
I do have a full 5 stud conversion wich is modified toyota hilux hubs with lexus IS250 disks and Range Rover front calipers.
i have rear disk break conversion wich are Range Rover calipers re drilled shafts to make it 5stud out back.(cheaper to drill than buy toyota shafts. so i can either run 5x120 pcd and get another set of shaft re drilled to 5x120 pcd and use the BMW wheels i have a a few sets and use the hilux 5 stud conversion for my double cab build.
i used a rear disk break caliper bracket template found somewhere here on this site some time back wich i had3 sets cut by a friend . ill use 2 sets here so i can run 2 rear brake calipers 1 for normal reabreaks and 2nd for hydry drift handbreak.
the rear leaf pack is a modiefied set where the main leaf was retentiond a little more flat.ill be using it upside down with the other leafs being repacked the other way and adding 3 or 4 more very short leafs to lower the pickup instead of using blocks.
the diff is already weled well add poly bushings when we do the swop. at a later time once im mibile well possible do a 4 link or independent rear suspention
im planning a small body driop and a cage
loats of other things planed but lets get it going and stopping first. most D21 parts are hardbody V6 they bigger and better than the 4 cylinder stuff
Im in CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA by the way.....

Last edited by godzilla; 12-24-2017 at 06:03 PM.