Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Exterior & Paint and Body

Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Crazzzyace08

Default Round Headlight Conversion

Hey everyone, been following threads for a while now on here but just now joined

I currently have a 95 HB single cab 2x4.

Frankly, to be honest, we all know that the output on the factory style sealed beam blows. I've used the search feature extensively and have even gone back to old old dead threads and can't seem to find anything regarding a conversion. Basically, what I'm looking to do is do a front end conversion (with stock bumper and hood and possibly side markers) and get rid of the 5x7's and go with a sexy dual round setup like the old Datsun 510s. Ideally the outside lights would be dual hi/lo's and the inside two would be more like drls or extra driving lights. Now I know that another relay is required for the inside two simply because of power draw...

Any suggestions, ideas, etc would be awesome open to anything. Also, what specs should I look for, for the lights? Size, power output, etc. Thanks guys and gals

Austin
Crazzzyace08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
billypettit13

Mine isn't a dual round headlight set up, i just used the grill and headlight buckets from a Land Rover Discovery, welded in the headlight buckets, i can get more pics of how the buckets were made if you're interested.
billypettit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
billypettit13

sorry, that pic was just of the mock up, heres the finished product:

Old 09-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Crazzzyace08

Love the Discovery retro, I love different haha! Props to you sir, looks good. How hard was it to fab up? And anyone else out there with something other than factory? Other than the standard halo/hid conversion?

Also, not to sidejack my own thread, but how do you like the wheels? I'm looking at getting a different style but in a similar size. Any issues with rub up front at all? and load clearance out back?
Crazzzyace08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
billypettit13 (10-04-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
asphaltsurfin98

Looks nice.
asphaltsurfin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #6
billypettit13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazzzyace08 View Post
Love the Discovery retro, I love different haha! Props to you sir, looks good. How hard was it to fab up? And anyone else out there with something other than factory? Other than the standard halo/hid conversion?

Also, not to sidejack my own thread, but how do you like the wheels? I'm looking at getting a different style but in a similar size. Any issues with rub up front at all? and load clearance out back?
Thank you

So many questions haha

Not very hard to fab, but i want to redo it so they're sunk in more, also i have a yota bumper ready to swap hopefully it looks good.

as for the wheels, the pics dont show it very well but i have a lot of rake, (muscle car stance) since the only thing i did to the rear was a re-drill, no lowering blocks yet. So no clearance issues there, but to crank the torsion bars all the way down for the front with those wheels resulted in me having to flare (or roll) the shit out of the fenders, and i also air hammered the inner fenders just for added security against rubbing.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
lomofo11

Nice outa the box idea. I never even looked at a range grill that way, (as in the swap onto our trucks). Clever indeed. It's a love/hate moment for my likes as the state it's in. The grille is to "plain" in the middle, like it needs something to complete it to make it look home. I had the idea after looking at it, cut out holes that would imitate the oem style grille. That would be tits with the round lights imo. Not hat in' by any means, just throwing ideas out there....
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
fame28

I agree with the idea of it needs something in the middle. It would look really clean and nice with the NISSAN lettering in the center. Not the round logo, but the actual letters. It would be a unique grill with a classy touch to break up the plain black grille.
fame28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
lomofo11

I think a new trend may be in play......!!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
billypettit13

Yeah i want to find a Nissan badge for it, not the logo but just the lettering, also I've been looking for a 3 vent hood off of the earlier gen, but now thinking about it, i might just cut my own vents. Also i think it'll look a lot better once i have my yota bumper on it. Note: the range rover grill needs to be modified to fit, it has about two inches of a gap on each side so you have to cut and heat up the ends to flare them out, you'll still have a half inch gap but it looks fine. I just want to make sure you guys know that it doesn't just bolt up nicely