Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
DRAFT1

Vehicle: 1990 D21 4X4
Default Ac compressor relay location

Can anyone tell me where the AC Compressor relay is on a 1990 D21 4x4. I see a bank of relays on the passenger side fender well LABLED AS FUEL PUMP/MAIN/CHECK/HORN (none labled as A/C). There are 2 more behind the bank (one attached to vacum canister the other screwed to firewall) Also another relay on drivers side fender well between washer fluid container and coil.

So....my questions which would be for AC COMPRESSOR AND what is the "CHECK" relay that is located in the bank on passenger side for. Thanks in advance.
DRAFT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Captds

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1994

Check out this link. I'm sure it shows it in the electrical section of the manual.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/hardbody/d21_truck_1990.pdf
Captds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
DRAFT1

Vehicle: 1990 D21 4X4

Thanks for the info. I feel really stupid about this but my a/c quit working about 6 months ago. I went through the hole Mississippi summer without it. Just read where the fuse for the "cigarete lighter" also controls the push button a/c switch on the dash, which in turn controls the compressor. So............I just replaced the burned out fuse for the lighter and all is well. Just in time for winter
DRAFT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
yourbestbetx3o

Vehicle: 1990 d21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAFT1 View Post
Just read where the fuse for the "cigarete lighter" also controls the push button a/c switch on the dash, which in turn controls the compressor. So............I just replaced the burned out fuse for the lighter and all is well. Just in time for winter
i wish i had that info earlier this summer bc thats all thats wrong with mine i think
yourbestbetx3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Captds

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1994

Hey, my kind of fix... cheap. Hate, that you had to spend the entire summer without the A/C. Morale of the story is always check the fuse 1st.
Captds is offline   Reply With Quote