Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Engine and Drivetrain

Old 07-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Slider_91

Default No injector pulse?

Hey guys,
Im new to the nissan hardbody, and to this forum as well. I just picked up my 89 hardbody with the z24 in it about a week ago or so. The guy i got it from said every once in awhile, it'll spit and sputter, and finally just die, He said to fix the problem just look under the hood, and wiggle the connector thats bolted to the + battery terminal, well i done that and nothing, Iv got spark and fuel, just no pulse from my injectors, I can start it on gas and starting fluid being pored down into the throttle body, but nothing else. And i have fuel pressure all the way up to the tbi unit itself. My question is, why want it start being the guy told me the info about the connectors on the battery? Also, the inhibitor relay isnt their...... like theirs not a plug for a relay or anything, i drove the truck home when i got it, and drove it a couple days after that, and now im stuck I also have a wire feed from somewhere down towards the bottom of the block. and thier nothing connected to the 2 connectors.
Iv looked on the web. and they keep saying the crank angle sensor.... I checked the dizzy, and all looks good.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a picture of the relay box, and a picture of the connector i just dont know how to post pictures.
Slider_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
david29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider_91 View Post
Hey guys,
Im new to the nissan hardbody, and to this forum as well. I just picked up my 89 hardbody with the z24 in it about a week ago or so. The guy i got it from said every once in awhile, it'll spit and sputter, and finally just die, He said to fix the problem just look under the hood, and wiggle the connector thats bolted to the + battery terminal, well i done that and nothing, Iv got spark and fuel, just no pulse from my injectors, I can start it on gas and starting fluid being pored down into the throttle body, but nothing else. And i have fuel pressure all the way up to the tbi unit itself. My question is, why want it start being the guy told me the info about the connectors on the battery? Also, the inhibitor relay isnt their...... like theirs not a plug for a relay or anything, i drove the truck home when i got it, and drove it a couple days after that, and now im stuck I also have a wire feed from somewhere down towards the bottom of the block. and thier nothing connected to the 2 connectors.
Iv looked on the web. and they keep saying the crank angle sensor.... I checked the dizzy, and all looks good.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a picture of the relay box, and a picture of the connector i just dont know how to post pictures.
The crank angle sensor is in the distributor I believe. I know the KA24E motor has it in there.
I would put the relay back on or get one.
2000 Nissan Frontier(bagged, will clear 20"s)
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
Slider_91

theirs a relay their, just no plug for the relay to plug into if you get what im saying.... lol. I mean the truck ran awesome when it was running, but like i said it started running ruff and acted like it was out of gas, and just stopped running. and now it'll crank but not start/run.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
david29
Administrator

Might be a stopped up fuel filter or injectors. Did the truck sit for any length of time before you bought it?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:44 AM   #5
Slider_91

i have fuel pressure all the way up to the tbi unit tho
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Slider_91

The guy got it about 8 months ago, and said he drove it everyday, i keep hearing something about a ground for the ecm or something.... where is it? and about the wiring harness that is connected to the battery, what is that?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
david29
Administrator

Well in that case, I would look all around where the wiring is near the battery. Check all connections at the battery. Make sure all the fusuble links are not burned out.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #8
4DRZ

I know you said you have fuel pressure but did you do a pressure test and compare to factory specs? Def. Sounds like an electrical issue without a doubt. Injectors are controlled by the ECU. Check all grounds......alt to chassis....block to chassis....chassis to battery.....both ground straps. 1 is from the tranny to the chassis on passenger side underneath the truck the other is from the firewall to theenvine block under the back of the vallve cover iirc. Any loose wire MUST be traced to a "home". Use photobucket.com or other to share pics. Invest in a repair manual. It will get lots of use and though not all conclusive.....it is a great start.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote