Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Early Frontier Forum (D22)

Old 02-25-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
vintageracer

Vehicle: 1988 Desert Runner
Default 2004 Frontier Fog Lights

I just purchased a 2004 XE Crew Cab 4WD shortbed from the original owner. Black truck in nice condition runs and drives good.

One of the few options the truck does not have are factory fog lights. I did a search on the site and found an old thread with pictures of the fog lights that I need. I went on Epay and found LOT'S of vendors selling the replacement aftermarket fog lights with wiring kits. Given the truck is black I liked the "Light Smoke" lens fog lights however there is only 1 seller of these fog lights and his offering is for the fog lights ONLY. No wiring, relay or switch. All the other vendors selling clear, yellow and dark smoke fog lights are selling them as a complete kit with the lights, wiring, relay and switch.

I know that on the Hardbody trucks most all the wiring is in the Hardbody trucks is there no matter if the truck had an option or not which that needed wiring which leads to my questions:

Although my truck does not have the factory fog lights is the wiring for the fog lights already in this 2004 Frontier XE or do i need a complete fog light kit with the lights, wiring, relay and switch?

Anybody care to make a good suggestion of a brand or seller of aftermarket factory fit fog lights based upon their use of that seller/brand?

i look forward to your responses.

"Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

2004 Frontier XE Crew Cab 4WD
1988 Desert Runner #956
1988 Desert Runner #839

Last edited by vintageracer; 02-25-2017 at 01:32 PM.
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

Fog lights on the hardbody was a dealer installed option, the trucks did not come pre wired, you can buy a wiring kit online for any lights that will work, the difference between factory light wiring and aftermarket is the factory lights only come on with the low beams and the aftermarket ones come on anytime.

If you don't want to buy a wiring kit it's not hard to hook them up, I can tell you how and what to get to do it.

Yes, you would need a relay, switch and the wiring.

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:05 AM   #3
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

DJS had a D21 kit with everything, but the lights were busted. i dont know if he sold it or not. the ad is still in the for sale sectoin.