Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 12-22-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
95v8sdime

Vehicle: 89 ext cab d21
Default Question!!!

I have a question and Iíve havenít been to find out by searching the forum and it could be that Iím over looking it. But Iím kind of new to the hardbody world this will be the first one Iím building myself. My question is for right now i just want something like a 3/5 or 4/6 drop for my newly acquired 93 hardbody. Does anyone make this kit? I havenít been able to find anything larger then a 2/3. If a 2/3 is the largest, what will i have to do to make it lower? To get to my acquired height will i have to mini notch like an S10s? Iím sure i will have other questions later but those are it for now. Thanks in advanced. I canít wait to get the new daily low on some new wheels.
95v8sdime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #2
Dragon
Lowered Class c.c

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan hardbody

If you get 2 inch drop spindles and turn the torsion down and cut the inner fender to clear the tire you can get 4 inches out of the front, for the back a mini notch is needed you can redrill the hangers and get a 4 inch blocks that are tapered, and also have to raise the carrier bearing, but to do these things you have to run a 16 inch rim or bigger, but you will have no ride quality like this unless you bag it
06 armada(bertha), 24's, system, looking to slam it
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
95v8sdime

Thanks for the input. I ordered 3 lowering arms today, and I’m also thinking about buy the drop spindles as well. Is the drilling of the hanger a must or can i fab up something different. The only reason I’m putting off the bagging process is because my Sonoma isn’t finished just yet and since my Range Rover is totaled i just want a nice looking slammed mini that’s not an s10.. lol. I will also be running 18” titan wheels
Old 12-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
Dragon
Lowered Class c.c

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan hardbody

You don't have to do the redrill, that will only give you an inch of drop and you can get away with pulling the middle leaf out of the leaf springs to make up for it, I have the spindles and mono leaf in the back with 3 inch blocks and I did the redrill and if I don't have air in my helper bags I'm sitting on the frame about an inch from the ground to the bottom of my shackles, but I'm only running 16s right now, I miss my old Sonoma I had it on air running 20s back in the day when I was with my old car club
06 armada(bertha), 24's, system, looking to slam it
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
95v8sdime

Cool. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully i can get a build thread and some pics up soon. My Sonoma is about to get a sfbd really soon once the hardbody is 100% reliable