Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Interior & Audio/Video

Old 05-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
1996d21

Vehicle: Hardbody Pickup XE 1996
Default Interior overhall - headliner, sound system, carpet, accessories w/pics

I've been waiting to put these up, finally getting the truck back tomorrow so I figured I'd go ahead and start it tonight.

Been working on all of this for about a month and a half now, including getting accessories (visors, center a/t finisher, arm rests, door regulator, escutcheon, rear lens lamp, new a-pillars)

Started with new headliner, sorry don't have picture of the old headliner, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like. The guy I bought it from had a cross pin and American flag pin holding it up along with the caps into the headliner…classic.

Next were the visors, once again no before pics. I was too excited to put the new ones up. The old ones were faded as hell and starting to come apart. The one I ordered ended up being a little darker than the ones that were previously up there, but I think it's a nice contrast and it goes well some of the darker gray materials in the rest of the cab.

Armrests were next…got 95 pathy's to replace mine, much needed.

Time for the a/t finisher console. Found all kind of goodies under the old one, including a guitar pick, silver dollar and enough change for a car wash.

Last of the accessories other than the a-pillars was the lens lamp…I was messing with the old one seeing what condition it was in and it disintegrated when I touched it…yep, time for a new one!

Didn't bother taking a pic of the new one, just thought it was funny what the old one looked like. Also no pics of the old regulator and escutcheon, once again, they were pretty faded. Pics of the new ones will be up soon with the components.

That's it for the small stuff, now time to get the old carpet out and lay some sound insulation.
1996d21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
1996d21

time to get rid of the jumper seats and carpet.

found this under one of the jumper seats, emergency reflector I guess. but i never would've found it unless I took the jumper seats out. anybody else have one of these?

yep, that's a frog skeleton, under the old carpet. definitely time for new carpet.

on to the Damp Pro and LLP!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
1996d21

the good stuff…

Up first, back wall and panel behind jumper seats. I was doing this first because I was on my way to sound shop and the plan was to mount the amp on the back wall and speakers in the jumper seat space. I had new trim ordered for the back wall so I put Damp Pro on the back wall and installed the new trim.

Time for the install of the new head unit, speakers, subs and amp. I left my camera with them but didn't get too many pics. I didn't mind, they did a HELL of a job.

Knocked out the doors first.

Amp installed on back wall. Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp

Next were the speakers and subs in back. On top - 6.5 Pioneer 1602 R 2-way, on bottom - JL w1 8" subs. They had to cut the plastic panel out against the wall to allow for more mounting depth. Box was made of 1/2" MDF, one container with divider between the 6.5 and 8" sub. Carpet and panel on front, reinforced from inside as well.

Pioneer DEH 9400 head unit

USB cable coming from rear of head unit to glove box for hookup of iPod. Gonna just keep my 160 gig iPod in the glove box with my 10,000 or so songs on it.

Mic for bluetooth calling, alarm indicator installed above rearview mirror.

converted the manual locks to power locks with a nice button installed as well.

Got them to go ahead and tint the windows as well.

Last edited by 1996d21; 05-24-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
1996d21

Next up, Damp Pro and LLP on the floors.

LLP.

Now ready to see the carpet installed tomorrow!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
jcjcsoccerkid
mod

Vehicle: 98 frontier

hey that's some good work. clean install
1996d21 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
RedAggie03
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 1992 Nissan D21 Extended Cab

Very nice! I'm jealous of the LLP and the new Alpine. That's a nice amp!

Where is the Lock/Unlock button from? I use my alarm for that, but I don't have an interior button. I guess it doesn't really need one since it auto locks/unlocks with the ignition. It's just annoying when you are dropping a passenger off and you have to hold the remote unlock button for 5 seconds to unlock while running.

So what do you think? The DampPro and LLP really makes a noticeable difference in the sounds inside the truck huh? The audio should sounds great and the road noise should be really reduced. Did you DampPro the roof too?

Also, where did you get your carpet and back wall carpet from? What color code did you get and what did it run you? That's my next item as soon as I get moved into the new house.

Kudos!
RedAggie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
1996d21 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #7
1996d21

Thanks fellas! The sound shop that did the install just went into their warehouse and found the button, but I emailed the guy who found it to get more info on it for you. I was thinking the same thing as you at first though but then decided to just go ahead and get it, and I'm glad I did. I'm already using it more than I thought I would.

Man, the DampPro and LLP are incredible! Riding down the road with the stereo off is soooooo much more quiet. And then with the music playing, it's crystal clear and there's very minimal outside noise disturbing the sound. I haven't done the roof yet simply because I haven't had time to learn how to take the headliner off. I'm sure it's pretty simple but I'm in no rush.

Got the carpet pre-cut from ACC Mats ->http://www.accmats.com

The back trim I ordered from Nissan Parts Zone. Here's a link to the order page with part numbers.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_...ponentsIndex=5

Since I removed the rear speakers I got the trim without speaker cut outs. They had to special order it, took 2 weeks to come in but it was worth it. The old stuff was pretty worn out.

Here are the pics after the carpet install. It turned out GREAT. I must have just driven around for about an hour or so today listening to all kinds of music. Rock, rap, bluegrass, pop, it ALL sounds good.

The floor mats are from Weathertech - >http://www.weathertech.com/nissan/19...s-all-weather/

The upholstery shop added some black carpet to fill in the spot where the cover for the jump seat would have been. The black matches the rear speakers and amp pretty good. Overall very pleased, now just time to blast it!

Last edited by 1996d21; 05-24-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
lonissan
Lurker

Vehicle: 94 Hardbody

that looks real nice!
1996d21 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #9
1996d21

Thanks red!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
POS-hardbody

Vehicle: 95 hardbody

Shit... Better install then nissan did. Looks good.
Thanked by:
1996d21 (05-25-2012)