Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 09-20-2022, 10:09 AM   #1
sassy

Vehicle: 1996 nissan Navara
Default where to find a pattern to replace headliner

hi all
I have decided that an interior black vinyl roof will look much better than the usual Grey. this will also give me a chance to add some much desired heatproofing just in time for summer.

my 4 door d21 appears to have 2 bars that run along the top that hold the fabric up, not the usual moulding I keep seeing.

Does anyone know where I may aquire a pattern (the shape I need) so that I can have a lining prepared when I take the old one out.

and bonus points for a video that shows this particular model being replaced

hope this makes sense
cheers
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
Scrappy
Look into my one good eye

Vehicle: 93 extended Cab Hardbody

if you have one in your truck currently it is the pattern for the new one. I'm guessing that you have never done anything like this before. if that is the case I would strongly suggest that you take it to an interior shop and let them handle it.
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
CURT2000

Vehicle: Nissan Frontier 2000
Default Head liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy View Post
hi all
I have decided that an interior black vinyl roof will look much better than the usual Grey. this will also give me a chance to add some much desired heatproofing just in time for summer.

my 4 door d21 appears to have 2 bars that run along the top that hold the fabric up, not the usual moulding I keep seeing.

Does anyone know where I may aquire a pattern (the shape I need) so that I can have a lining prepared when I take the old one out.

and bonus points for a video that shows this particular model being replaced

hope this makes sense
cheers
Check on Amazon. I replaced my Head Liner on My 2000 Frontier king Cab. It wasn't that hard. Take Your time putting it back in! Or like others have said, have a Shop do it. Where I'm at it's about a couple hundred Bucks.
CURT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:30 AM   #4
sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
if you have one in your truck currently it is the pattern for the new one. I'm guessing that you have never done anything like this before. if that is the case I would strongly suggest that you take it to an interior shop and let them handle it.

hey it was more so that I had one sewn up ready to go in, so I didn't have to drive it without a headliner if something comes up while cutting and sewing the new one.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:33 AM   #5
sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT2000 View Post
Check on Amazon. I replaced my Head Liner on My 2000 Frontier king Cab. It wasn't that hard. Take Your time putting it back in! Or like others have said, have a Shop do it. Where I'm at it's about a couple hundred Bucks.

this is something I would like to do myself. I know I am definitely capable. all videos show a hard flexibility version, mine looks like is has maybe 4 or 5 rails across the top, I can't find a video that can show me what I am dealing with