Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Commerce > For Sale or Trade

Notices

Old 08-29-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
KivPanther
Furball

Vehicle: 1994 XE King Cab V6
Default Ashtray ECU Remote Module

With the blessings of staff, this thread is to see how many folks would want one of the ECU remote module inserts I detailed in http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31769. The current price per unit would be $50 shipped, and would be printed in black ABS plastic. The ashtray insert is designed for my 1994 ashtray, so I know it'll work in the rounded dash years. If the ashtray is the same for the earlier years it should work there too. The pinout can be altered if your year's check connector uses a different pinout for the mode toggle switch than the 1994 does.

UPDATE: I was able to design and print a connector of my own which saves having to use the backprobe shown in the module pic. This means it's truly plug and play, and that the cost has gone down to $50 a piece due to not needing to buy check connectors or 15 pin cables anymore. See lower in thread for pictures.

Post if you'd be interested in one of these. I'd need a minimum of five folks who want one before I go ahead, since shipping costs on the individual components would push the price above $100 for a single unit.

Pics for reference. Yes, mine is purple, it's what I had on hand. Yours would be black. Custom colors can be arranged, but would incur an extra cost if I don't have that color on hand.

Standalone module:

Module installed in dash:

Last edited by KivPanther; 09-11-2022 at 09:37 PM.
KivPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:02 AM   #2
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 VG33 Pathfinder SE 4x4 & 87 D21 SE
Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,295 Posts

I guess the next step is to make sure the check connector stayed the same from 86.5 to 95. I do believe the ashtrays stayed the same. If those two are a yes, I would be in for one of these. It is a pain in the ass to unbolt the seat….. or maybe I am just getting older and don’t like taking the seat out lol

Last edited by cadillacdude1975; 08-30-2022 at 11:12 AM.
cadillacdude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:40 AM   #3
KivPanther
Furball

I know Deerhurst has an odd shaped connector, but I think all the pins are there to activate the modes. I don't have a connector like he has handy to do prototyping on. If your connector looks like the one JP2code posted in the thread, you should be golden. I don't think the pinouts changed year to year but I notice that an earlier part of the thread mentioned the switch going across 4 and 11 instead of 4 and 3 like mine does. Not sure the significance of that.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:53 AM   #4
ohgood

Vehicle: 95 ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KivPanther View Post
With the blessings of staff, this thread is to see how many folks would want one of the ECU remote module inserts I detailed in http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31769. The current price per unit would be $75 shipped, and would be printed in black ABS plastic. The ashtray insert is designed for my 1994 ashtray, so I know it'll work in the rounded dash years. If the ashtray is the same for the earlier years it should work there too. The pinout can be altered if your year's check connector uses a different pinout for the mode toggle switch than the 1994 does. I'm currently working on designing and printing my own check connector so that I don't have to rely on eBay for scan tool adapters and won't need the backprobe. Updates if I get that to work reliably.

Post if you'd be interested in one of these. I'd need a minimum of five folks who want one before I go ahead, since shipping costs on the individual components would push the price above $100 for a single unit.

Pics for reference. Yes, mine is purple, it's what I had on hand. Yours would be black. Custom colors can be arranged, but would incur an extra cost if I don't have that color on hand.

Standalone module:

Module installed in dash:

I will gladly test this in my 95 2.4/auto, if it will help the development process.

I will also very happily purchase one, in the efforts of continuing development of this excellent platform
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:10 AM   #5
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

I will look at his picture and see if mine is the same.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:28 PM   #6
KivPanther
Furball

Update: I managed to recreate the check connector and 3D Print a working copy using some simple Molex blade pins. This means that I don't have to use a back probe anymore to get power to the LEDs and it is truly a plug and play module now.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:23 PM   #7
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

I still haven’t had a chance to look. All it has done for 4 days is rain. I caught a small break from the rain today long enough to get a CV axle changed on my wife’s Honda Odyssey. As I was putting the tools away, it started pouring. I’m so sick of this rain. The pool is overflowing and my yard is fucking flooded. You sink an inch if you stand in one place.