Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > 4x4 and Offroading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
TWX
Glutton for Punishment

Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4x4
Default Looking for suggestions on a mild lift of a D40

'15 Frontier SV crew cab long wheelbase 4x4. I've already gone to slightly larger tires and wheels, 255/75/17 on factory steel wheels that were the spares on certain years of Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder, but this mostly offset the reduction in ground clearance from when I installed the aftermarket engine skidplate and the front-mount 2" receiver hitch concealed behind the front bumper.

I've already picked up a pair of add-a-leafs that are supposed to add an inch and a half to the rear with the overload leaves removed, but with the travel trailer I'm debating leaving those. My goal is increase in articulation to clear the coil bucket along with only a mild lift. When the travel trailer is attached right now with completely stock suspension the back squats just a little. I'd like to have it sit dead-flat or as close as possible when loaded down.

Right now due to the weight I've added up front I'm considering front coils from a V8 Pathfinder along with SPC-type UCAs to clear the coil bucket for increased droop, along with Bilstein 5100s set to the third position. I already have a set of camber bolts to install when doing the changes. Does this sound like the right combination? I was surprised to learn that the CC LWB trucks have the same suspensions as the KC trucks even though they're longer and heavier.

If you have other suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Former:
"Good Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, Federal Emissions
"Evil Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, California Emissions
1989 Hardbody Regular Cab Short Bed 4x2 Z24 5spd, Black
TWX is offline   Reply With Quote