Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Shows and Get Togethers

Old 12-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Vehicle: Nissan HB KC 4x4
Default Scrapin' The Coast 2017 - Gulf Coast, Mississippi

Scrapin' the Coast will be June 23rd - 25th 2017

Anyone from here ever been?

Here's the link: http://www.gulfcoast.org/event/15th-...he-coast/6143/

Reserector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Usually a pretty big show. Not sure your preference but mini trucks usually are the most popular (my preference so fitting for me). I have not been in 6-7 years, mostly the absurd cost of hotels and stupid drunks. I have not even looked since 2012 so thinks might be different now.

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

My wife and I go to teh Cruisin' the Coast event pretty regularly. My truck, being and antique, and having a hot rod theme and extra muscle, we sort of fit in.

My wife figures this will be a good excuse to spend a day on the coast again. Yes, I drive a mini, but it's lifted. Not sure how that will be received by the lowered guys, but not really concerned. We're mainly going just to sit around and watch.

The Cruisin' culture is petty laid back. I'm curious if the Scrapin' culture is the same, or is it more testosterone-charged? Alcohol-charged?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto

Went to Cruisin this past year. Sat out on porch at Whitecaps and ate a Shrimp Po-Boy and wondered where I am in life and why do I not have anything cool enough to ride up and down 98.

I always plan to go to Scrapin, but its one of those things I don't want to go to until I can go to be in it. Louise get jealous easily, I think sometimes she things I'm cheating on her or looking to trade up.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:15 AM   #5
mytmouz

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody

I don't do Scrapin' because it is too darn hot that time of the year...
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
kmanuel

Vehicle: 13 G37 Sport Daily on Air . 06 CC Sierra Bagged, 03 Tacoma current/upcoming project

I stopped going to scrapin for a couple of reasons.

Show used to be mostly lowered/bagged stuff, now it has grown extremely large so the lifted crowd has grown as well. Also many stock vehicles that are only entered because its cheap to enter and get 2 passes. Lots of stuff in the show that I dont want to see.
That also means lots of stuff "cruising" in stop and go traffic along the coast.
When the show was smaller, traffic wasnt as bad due to less people being present and you could actually cruise up and down the strip at night.
Now traffic is ridiculous and the cops are very strict.
Add in the stupid heat during the summer and I have just stopped going to the show.

I spend my time and money on other shows during other parts of the year the appeal to me more.

Just my 2 cents
kmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto

Kmans right.....although I never went in, it is a circus of sorts down there when its going down. Way worse now than its ever been traffic wise. Since thanks to Katrina wiping out half of the estates down there, there's a shit ton of empty lots that people park on....to either watch the traffic or set up tents and peddle wares or whatever.

It looks quite circus-y to me, but that just my opinion too.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #8
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

That's how it is for Cruisin' the Coast. I don't mind the traffic. I'm there to look around, and to be looked at,. I feel bad for locals that ARE trying to get somewhere.
If there are a lot of lifted trucks, I would have to agree; not what I want to see at a "Scrapin'" event. They should have their own bro-fest for that type of truck. Lord knows the area is infested with them. Yes, mine is lifted, but it's not a bro-dozer.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #9
97_hardbody
Project Hardbody GT

Vehicle: 1997 Hardbody

I've been to Scrapin' every year for the last 12 years. It definitely has changed. Lifted trucks and 4x4s are the new thing. Still have a large proportion of bagged rides tho. Lots of stock stuff bc its $50 to pre-reg and you get 2 bands. If you want to spectate its like $40 for 2ppl for the weekend. The best thing that ever happened was when they expanded the show grounds and the spectator parking with the new parking garage. I've been going for so long that I use the backroads to get where I need to and try to avoid Beach Blvd at all costs. Yes, the cops are strict bc of too many issues with drunk minors doing stupid shit. I've witnessed fights, wrecks, arrests, and even a 4-wheeler flip in a parking lot and all bc of drunk ppl. I don't even cruise the beach at night anymore. I just sit out with my buddies, shoot the shit and have a couple beers. I've grown out of the "getting trashed" stage of my life. I just want to chill now. Anyways I just pre-reg'd last week while waiting in the long ass line for Battle In Bama...so I'll be there and hope to see ya'll too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderdai View Post
Wheel gap is like a vagina, the more fingers you can get in there the worse off you are.
97_hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:43 AM   #10
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,229 Posts

My son and I will most likely take his truck this year. It's nowhere near being a show truck but it's a start.
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote