Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 06-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
j.oconnell.3
'95 Hardbody 3.0

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Harbody 3.0
Sheep 1995 Hardbody - having issues starting

Hey, so it's been a week now where everytime I go to start my truck, it ticks as if the battery is dead, but then after a few more tries, manages to start. Occasionally while I driving the truck will make a noticeable squealing sound for a little while but then proceed to stop. I believe the two are related issues. Once while going around 60mph the radio cut off, the interior lights and headlights dimmed, but after 5 or 10 seconds came back on to normal. I make often 2 hours trips during the week and am worried about getting there and not getting back. I've tried disconnecting the battery while its running to see if the alternator was the issue, but it kept running. Could it still potentially be the alternator? Battery maybe? Voltage regulator? I need some help. Thank you
j.oconnell.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,214 Posts

Start by checking the condition and tension of the alternator belt. Also check the connections on the alternator and battery for condition and security. Clean the contacts with a wire brush to remove any corrosion. Also clean the fusible links if they are dirty.
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

I had a weird issue with my starter relay that did the clicking thing, I haven’t seen this many times because usually they would just fail. Since you have other problems in conjunction I would try what Bama said.

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote