Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Engine and Drivetrain

Old 07-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
Boozehero
Boozebag

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan D21 (sold), 1987 D21 powered by 2.3 Ford Turbo, too many more

You can mount the filter almost anywhere you want given enough oil line. I mounted mine on the frame rail on the passenger side. I am also going to run an oil cooler.
I bought a bunch of braided stainless line and -8 fittings on ebay. Once I get a new photo share site (fotopuket SUX) I'll post pix.

I haven't messed with this rig for some time now. It's almost time for a comeback.
Boozehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #12
Cuong-Nutz

Vehicle: 93 Nissan Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehero View Post
You can mount the filter almost anywhere you want given enough oil line. I mounted mine on the frame rail on the passenger side. I am also going to run an oil cooler.
I bought a bunch of braided stainless line and -8 fittings on ebay. Once I get a new photo share site (fotopuket SUX) I'll post pix.

I haven't messed with this rig for some time now. It's almost time for a comeback.
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted it on the frame rail? I barely managed to fit in an OE replacement filter in the stock location due to bent frame and now needing to relocate it.
Cuong-Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:13 AM   #13
LHD D21

Vehicle: 1986 Nissan Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
I run Napa Gold unless the Platinum are on sale then I use those. New filter every oil change. I run the Napa filter #1348. They cross reference with some sort of toyota and are a lot smaller than the OEM size on the VG. I plan to do the oil filter relocation by the next oil change so that will no longer be a problem. Just melting the oil lines to worry about!

The K&N is a Mobil filter with a nut welded onto the top.
The 1348 seems to be 'easy' oil filter since almost every Detroit Three/Asian manufacturer had at least one vehicle that called for it.
LHD D21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #14
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Don't knock it if it works!

Now I run a completely different filter with a different thread due to my new motor. It's still a little bit of a PITA to get to and change.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote