Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 01-22-2016, 08:24 PM   #51
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,074 Times in 946 Posts

Try watching this video. It isn't a Hardbody, but easy to understand.

1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #52
CHEVYJEFF

Vehicle: 1997 D21 HARDBODY

for reference..

I attempted this fix on my 1997 hb and I guess Nissan figured out this problem because mine did not have all the splices in this harness.
They all have their own separate wires to the injectors.
CHEVYJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #53
redlineslash

Vehicle: 92 hardbody 4x4

Anyone ever find these splices on the vg30?
redlineslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #54
tilepusher

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1993

Hey guys, I have a '93 KA24 HB. I just cut open the loom on the firewall & valve cover. I have only found the Black wire crimp. I have opened it up from almost all the way to the valve cover at the bottom to near the firewall plastic mounted zip tie at the top. Do I need to pull out the zip tie mount on the fire wall & keep following to loom farther? If I don't hear from anyone, I will keep going on tearing back the plastic sheath until I find the White wire crimp. Thanks for all your help!
tilepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #55
jp2code
Software Developer

This fix was a Technical Bulletin (TB) at some point.

Trucks built after this TB was posted should already have that fix.

I don't know what the TB number was or when it came out.

Thanked by:
tilepusher (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #56
tilepusher

Mine is a '93 & looks just like the '94 of the original picture post.... so I would guess that mine might have the same problems, or will in the future. I am having trouble passing smog & doing a number of other fixes & parts replacements. My bad idle, seems to be fixed with a new Ignitor or Ignition Control Module, but my truck has been smoking(light gray smoke, not a lot, but noticeable), when hot & not running as smooth as when it is cold(no smoke). I think it is most likely, leaking valve seals, but I really don't have the money to get a valve job, which most likely will have me buying a whole new valve train..... valves, valve guides, valve seals valve springs, cam shaft, along with the machine shop costs of cleaning, checking & machining the head. At this point, I might need to also rebuild or replace the whole long block, because as a 23 year old truck, it has seen better days. I am looking to spend as little as possible to get the truck running good enough to pass smog & think about the major stuff, after I get my tax return next year. This wiring harness crimp fix, is super cheap & I can do it myself... the major stuff will have to be done by a real mechanic & cost a lot more money.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #57
jp2code
Software Developer

You might want to start a thread. It doesn't sound like your problems are related to this issue.

Thanked by:
tilepusher (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 05:34 PM   #58
tilepusher

jp2code, you are right, but I thought why not do this quick fix, since it couldn't hurt & this issue might come back to haunt me later. Better to rule it out now, while I have some free time & I don't need to drive it, until my wife passes her driver's license test. I got a compression test scheduled for next week & my mechanic, will give me a better idea of what's going on. Sadly, after 23 years in Vegas, every plastic part is either dried out, brittle, cracking, or hidden under grime.... with my truck, it could be anything?My adventure, started by buying this truck 5 years ago & replacing everything rubber. It was kinda funny, when I brought all the parts to do a complete brake job & my mechanic said, you don't need all of this stuff, just the front brake pads & I'll replace the brake lines since you got these pretty SS lines. While I was eating breakfast at the bar next door, 30 minutes in, I got a phone call from my mechanic, he said I need to use all the parts you brought & also get new calipers(the piston diaphragms were leaking) up front & a drum brake rebuild kit for the back. He said the same thing when I brought the truck in with new motor mounts to be installed.... I'll check the stock ones, but I doubt you need to replace them..... 30 minutes later, I get the call, 1 motor mount has no rubber left & the other 2 are cracked. My friends at work think my mechanic is ripping me off selling me parts I don't need, but he gives me every original part back & shows me why it had to be replaced & he only charges me his cost on parts... sometimes when your ex-gf dumps you, it is a blessing in disguise? My mechanic is my ex's half brother & he still feels bad about the breakup. Even after all my problems, I still love this truck & want to make it better. Thanks for your advice.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:49 AM   #59
tilepusher

I just wrapped up this fix. On my '93, the White or Black wire crimp did not have extra long wires that were folded over. The White wire crimp, was at the top of the loom & past the mounted zip tie, on the firewall. The Black wire crimp was near the bottom of the loom, near the valve cover. Both crimps looked like they were still good working crimps. I soldered & shrink wrapped the White wires just like the SkinnyG. For the Black wires, where I had more room to work with, I cut the main wire from the harness(to get the shrink wrap tubes, over the wires) ,I left the factory crimp alone & soldered right over the crimp & bare wires. For me, this Sticky, didn't solve any problems with my truck, but I am glad I did it so it won't give me trouble in the future & I know what in going on, under the loom. Thanks for all the help, for making me aware that this could cause problems & the easy fix.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #60
SkinnyG
UYFBR

Vehicle: 1994 Hardbody

Fixed missing image links and whatnot - now running off my website, not Photobucket.
jp2code (03-15-2018)