Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
Colin3064
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: TX
Posts: 3
Vehicle: 92 nissan pickup
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dash swap

I have a 92 hardbody and wanting to convert dash to a 97 and was wondering how to get the speedometer to work i know the 92 is mechanical and the 97 is electronic is there a way to convert it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Colin3064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator
 
alabama_lowlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jack, alabama
Age: 40
Posts: 9,596
Vehicle: 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanks: 750
Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default

Just get a speed sensor from a 95 that has the same configuration as your truck. 2wd, 4wd, 5 speed, automatic....Then count the teeth on your cable drive and get a pinion for the speed sensor with the same number of teeth. For wiring there are only 2 wires. They run directly to the cluster and polarity doesn’t matter
__________________
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Hardbody92
 
Hardbody92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 865
Vehicle: 1992 hardbody
Thanks: 313
Thanked 115 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin3064 View Post
I have a 92 hardbody and wanting to convert dash to a 97 and was wondering how to get the speedometer to work i know the 92 is mechanical and the 97 is electronic is there a way to convert it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated
The speedo from the 97 cluster consist of two wires from two plugs going to the back of the cluster. Colors are soli red and solid white. You will need a new speed sensor from the scrap yard, make sure you cut both male a female connectors from the plug.
__________________
What do you get from a nervous cow.... A milk-shake
Hardbody92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
Hardbody92
 
Hardbody92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 865
Vehicle: 1992 hardbody
Thanks: 313
Thanked 115 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife View Post
Just get a speed sensor from a 95 that has the same configuration as your truck. 2wd, 4wd, 5 speed, automatic....Then count the teeth on your cable drive and get a pinion for the speed sensor with the same number of teeth. For wiring there are only 2 wires. They run directly to the cluster and polarity doesnít matter
Good info man. Hopefully people that keep asking this same question on here woul get back and tell us if the info helped. I think they just knock and run, I needed this information when I did my swap 6 years ago and I got shit then
__________________
What do you get from a nervous cow.... A milk-shake
Hardbody92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator
 
alabama_lowlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jack, alabama
Age: 40
Posts: 9,596
Vehicle: 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanks: 750
Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbody92 View Post
I needed this information when I did my swap 6 years ago and I got shit then
Hell, Iíve been answering this one for a lot longer than 6 years lol
__________________
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Hardbody92 (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
Hardbody92
 
Hardbody92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 865
Vehicle: 1992 hardbody
Thanks: 313
Thanked 115 Times in 107 Posts
Default

It probably took my dumbass time to find out the wires came from two plugs. Don’t get me wrong, this site has very helpful members and great info
__________________
What do you get from a nervous cow.... A milk-shake
Hardbody92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.