Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 05-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #31
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brknissan View Post
Was that for the pump or the whole assembly? That's what I was quoted for the pump the assembly was $300+. Yep my truck is US made. So does anyone know where to order the pump assembly for US made trucks, everything I have seen online say that they are for Japan made trucks.
This SETUP HERE AT CARQUEST fits your truck, and includes a new sender assembly as well. Fits 90-91 with the KA4E engine, guaranteed.

Price: About $280.

Realistic price if you sign up for Speed Perks at Carquest and create an account onsite with Advance Auto Parts (same thing as Carquest)...using your name, type of vehicle, and email address...

25% off that price, (50 dollar saving limit) free shipping to store or home. So, about $230 plus tax. Don't try to buy that pump I listed above without signing up for an account, and for Speed Perks at that car site first. Why waste money?

Speed Perks is worth it. Been signed up with that for a year and a half, and have saved tons of cash. Here's the deal: If you bought that pump they would also give you an online coupon to use on your next order over 50 bucks. It takes off five bucks on your next order. And...you would probably get 25 or more percent OFF that order anyway, being signed up with them. Then...they let you toss the five buck coupon in on top of THAT. Can't beat them. Even Amazon or Walmart, for example, can't beat them on batteries. And the stuff they sell under the Carquest in-house brand name is damn good stuff.

From then on, a couple of times a month you will get emails offering you 25 or 30 percent off any order with a code. But you don't need to memorize the code. When you go shopping onsite, they will hit you with it as soon as you get there. You just click on it, and anything you order, the code is automatically applied at checkout. If you have any Speed Perk coupons due, they will be listed for you to add on at checkout, too. Woo hoo. Easy...

In January this year, I ordered a complete clutch setup from them. Pressure plate, disk, throwout, slave, the whole smash. Ended up costing me 76 bucks. LOL too bad the damn motor went to Nissan Heaven on me the week after I did the clutch. &%!#$!!! (The 89 I ended up selling)

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 112,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 05-16-2018 at 02:57 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
brknissan (05-17-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 03:24 AM   #32
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
Speed Perks is worth it. Been signed up with that for a year and a half, and have saved tons of cash. Here's the deal: If you bought that pump they would also give you an online coupon to use on your next order over 50 bucks. It takes off five bucks on your next order. And...you would probably get 25 or more percent OFF that order anyway, being signed up with them. Then...they let you toss the five buck coupon in on top of THAT. Can't beat them. Even Amazon or Walmart, for example, can't beat them on batteries. And the stuff they sell under the Carquest in-house brand name is damn good stuff.

From then on, a couple of times a month you will get emails offering you 25 or 30 percent off any order with a code. But you don't need to memorize the code. When you go shopping onsite, they will hit you with it as soon as you get there. You just click on it, and anything you order, the code is automatically applied at checkout. If you have any Speed Perk coupons due, they will be listed for you to add on at checkout, too. Woo hoo. Easy...
Yeah, speed perks is pretty neat. I just signed up myself, since there's an advance nearby. There wasn't one where I used to live. I've been buying a lot of gearwrench tools there, since they're all half off at the moment. The other day I went in there and bought 2 sets of sockets for $23 out the door, 50% off and they let me use the $5 off coupon. Not even amazon could beat that.

Anyways, back on topic: some of the pumps I noticed don't specify US or Japan production. I wonder if a japan one would work if you swapped out the entire assembly. I guess you could always return it if it didn't.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
brknissan (05-17-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #33
brknissan

Vehicle: 1991 Nissan d21

Quote:
Fits 90-91 with the KA4E engine, guaranteed
Sorry that I sound like a broken record, I guess I forgot to mention that my engine is a VG30E, not the KA4E. So every time a website asks for identification of the truck 1991 d21 SE 4x4 King Cab 3.0 V6 (Vin starts with a 1) and at that point the website tells me it's not compatible. Thanks for the Advance Auto Parts tip signed up

I guess my confusion now is how is it that every website tells me that they don't have the pump assembly for this truck but Autozone and Napa can get me one. Unless they are selling me the generic one?
brknissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #34
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure the 4cyl and 6cyl trucks use the exact same fuel pump.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
brknissan (05-17-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #35
brknissan

Quote:
For what it's worth I'm pretty sure the 4cyl and 6cyl trucks use the exact same fuel pump.
I'm starting to think that as well and whether it's Japan or US does not matter. Based on pictures and electrical connections on the websites the pumps look exactly like what I pulled out of my tank (other than the top has a bulge on the new ones mine does not?) My pump even says made in Japan. Either way I placed an order for a J pump and will let you guys know how it turns out. If it does not work, ill go with the dealer pump to be done with it (this thread is already 4 pages long And I really appreciate everyone's feed back!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #36
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,056 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brknissan View Post
every website tells me that they don't have the pump assembly for this truck but Autozone and Napa can get me one. Unless they are selling me the generic one?
There are some vendors who sell them.

Generic is something I'd give to a part that comes out of China or Mexico with no manufacturer.

Spectra Premium, for example, makes a lot of nice parts for our trucks (radiators, fuel pumps, etc).

https://www.partsgeek.com/l1t48xz-ni...-assembly.html
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
brknissan (05-17-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #37
brknissan

The ones in stock say " 1st Character of VIN is J". I did manage to find one in Jersey from a dealership online and placed an order for the pump as it said its for Vin 1. I called them to confirm the order details and the guys says that pump is discontinued and they don't have it in stock and cancelled the order....Then why have it on your website and allow me to order the pump?...
Old 05-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #38
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,056 Times in 930 Posts

> Then why have it on your website and allow me to order the pump?

+1

I hate that!
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:59 AM   #39
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

Okay...now that you updated your type of engine, etc...try THIS ONE at Advance Auto. When they say 'out of stock' you can still buy it and have it shipped free. It only refers to whether they have it at your selected store. If the item is actually discontinued or not available at all, it will say discontinued, or be deleted from their website.

Seven entries show they are exact fit on your truck, but some of those show standard cab. The two Carquest brand pumps are your best bet. I wouldn't go with the Delphi unless you do the turbine pump, and then check fit first. I have had very good luck with the Carquest brand.

NOTE ON THE LINK AT CARQUEST TO THE PUMPS: The Carquest pumps fit. But if you are not signed in with your particular vehicle, everything you see SAYS it doesn't fit. I was signed in using your full vehicle info, (I added it to my list of vehicles to check for you.) But the first two listed, the Carquest brand pumps, DO fit your rig. If you sign in with your rig, it will show the same pumps.

One pump is more expensive than the other. The reason for this is when they switch over to the new number system, they also raised the price. But both are the same, so Carquest will continue to sell their remaining old number pumps at the lower price until they are gone. Then it will no longer be available. But both pumps exactly the same. (Probably an inflation thing)

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 112,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 05-17-2018 at 01:13 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
brknissan (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #40
brknissan

XoXSciFiGuy you are the best!
Quote:
When they say 'out of stock' you can still buy it and have it shipped free.
I did not realize that was possible great to know. This what I was after not just the fuel pump on its own.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...986%7CL3*15378
This does not specify if it's for a Vin 1 or Vin J like ebay does but it says it fits my truck and that's good enough for me!