Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wheels and Tires

Old 03-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Crisis

Vehicle: 1992 Nissan d21
Default Will these wheels fit

Going to buy some 15 wheels from eBay for my hardbody I want to know if the wheels will fit before I purchase them https://www.ebay.com/itm/361934329345 if anyone can help thank you and will the back spacing work I don't want them to stick out? If they will what wheels can I look at thank uagain

Last edited by Crisis; 03-27-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: More info
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 AM   #2
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Vehicle: 96 Nissan XE 2.4

You do realize they are set for an Isuzu truck, right? Look around at discount tire, or tire rack.. some of those sites sell rims just like those.

Also, if you put in your vehicle specs, ebay can actually match wheels that will fit your truck correctly. But to be on the safe side, before you have tires mounted on them.. do a dry fit to your truck. Apply a lug nut and check for steering clearance as well as ride clearance.
Green-meanie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:49 AM   #3
Crisis

Vehicle: 1992 Nissan d21

Thank you for a response, I have my truck saved on there on my eBay app and those show as they should fit but I am not entirely sure that's why I wanted to ask around. Also what is a dry fit?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #4
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Vehicle: 96 Nissan XE 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Thank you for a response, I have my truck saved on there on my eBay app and those show as they should fit but I am not entirely sure that's why I wanted to ask around. Also what is a dry fit?

A dry fit is where you mount the rim and only the rim to the vehicle just to make sure it fits properly and you can turn with the size of the tire. If you mount the tires on first then fit and it doesn't fit, then you're stuck with new rims you can't use.

Most if not all places that sell rims will not take rims back if tires are already mounted on them. So be sure to have a dry fit done first to save yourself lots of money.
Green-meanie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #5
Big Jim Swade

Vehicle: Frontier 2000

Nissan Hardbody 4x4 had a stock 15x6 chrome wheel that came on many XE's that look about the same as that one. Prolly pick up a full set of used ones for less than $100. If it were me I'd look at the early Frontier 16x7 inch four spoke alloys that came on the Frontier SE in the early 2000's.
Big Jim Swade is offline   Reply With Quote