Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wheels and Tires

Old 02-27-2017, 06:02 AM   #11
TheDoughboy

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjawm View Post
I've spent hours searching the internet in the past to try to find a set or even who made them. I'd love to have a set of them for a nostalgic build, hell I'd even take just finding single to hang on the shop wall lol.
Same here, one of my favorite wheels are American Racing AR226's. The sawblade rims. I'm willing to drive 3 hours to buy the right set if I can find them. Or pay for cross country shipping to get them here.

Maybe some even some chrome KMC's.
TheDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:39 AM   #12
Rjawm

Vehicle: 1989 & 1995 D21 Short/Standard & x2 1985 720 KingCab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoughboy View Post
Same here, one of my favorite wheels are American Racing AR226's. The sawblade rims. I'm willing to drive 3 hours to buy the right set if I can find them. Or pay for cross country shipping to get them here.

Maybe some even some chrome KMC's.

The original Enkie directional sawblades were the hot ticket way back when. I like them more than any of the newer versions because the machined face was much more squared off and pronounced. Just made for more crisp and defined look to the rim, plus they were smooth lip not stepped.

I had an '89 Mitsubishi Mighty Max with a set of them in 15 x 8.5 with a steep negative offset and heavy stretched 195/50-15 Fulda's to get that perfect poked look of the late 80's.

These Stance guys today have no idea that they weren't the first to pioneer stretched tires, so many old mini's back then ran 15x10 with 195/50-15 tires. I had to settle for the 8.5 due to living in a rural area with too many rough roads, would have popped beads all the time if I hadn't stepped it down.
Rjawm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #13
TheDoughboy

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody XE

Here are some blades on a Mazda

TheDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote