Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > The Other Forum

Old 12-27-2017, 01:56 AM   #11
mytmouz

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody

Got the headliner and vinyl top on today...

mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #12
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

Nice - did you do the vinyl yourself?Uncle has a vinyl top'd nova with some rust forming under the sail panel, need to get that figured out
Old 12-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #13
mytmouz

I did, with the help of a friend of mine. I can, but a second set of hands is easier...
Old 12-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #14
mytmouz

And although I could get it to idle, after much wailing and nashing of teeth, I figured out the cam I was told the ECM was set up for was not correct. WAAAAYYY too much duration. Today I did a cam swap and had the ECM reflashed, all good now...
Old 01-16-2018, 03:53 AM   #15
mytmouz

Time for an update. I was off from Dec 22 through Jan 16. I worked on it almost every day through the 15th, going to take one actual day of my vacation... I also helped out my buddy at the body shop on several cars while he was sorting through employee issues, so I didn't get it completely done, but I am close... I installed the 1967 factory ac evaporator set up I had sent off and had reworked, and a parallel flow condensor, to the stock LS truck compressor, it is a fixed displacement compressor, so it should (hopefully) all work together. I had to make the hoses up, the hoses and fittings came in the kit for the condensor (the same company that refurbished the evaporator has an aftermarket division, this condensor comes with that). I still have to finish up the wiring for the compressor connections to the factory harness, permanently wire the cooling fan for the radiator, and tidy up some wiring on the top of the motor, and the engine bay will be completed. I also installed the stereo equipment so I could run the wiring prior to installing the carpet, sound deadened the interior, painted the interior, finished installing everything around and on the headliner (Man what a lot of stuff goes into that) finished up the trimming of the vinyl top, installed the glass, installed the inside glass sweeps, installed the rear door cards, set the rear seat in place, and a lot of odd miscellaneous trim and other stuff.

I have to connect the console harness to the wiring (car did not originally have a console) paint the console, install the console brackets, and the studs in the floor for the gas pedal, then I can install the carpet and front seats, wire up the stereo, so I can install the ac/heater controls, and the glove box, install the steering wheel, and that should finish up the interior. The e brake set up will have to be installed/modified, and final body work/paint/chrome and emblem installation. Shooting for end of the month of completion so I can drive it on my birthday, but it is gonna be tight...

Old 03-29-2018, 02:27 AM   #16
mytmouz

Drove it out of the shop (first time, YAY!) and washed it. Pulled it back in and rough adjusted the ride height and camber/toe. I am going to block it, if it looks good, I am going to cover the primer spots with color and do a couple of blockings on it. I hope to shoot the color back on it this weekend...

Thanked by:
Deerhurst (03-29-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #17
mytmouz

So I spent yesterday slaving away at it. Blocked it, and fixed anything I saw, then I sprayed some color on the primer spots. While that dried, I cleaned and washed the spray booth. Turned on the blower and heaters to dry it out, and I blocked the spots, they looked good, so I blocked the entire car again, then washed it. Under the hood, the trunk, undercarriage, all got a wash job. I pulled it in the booth and removed the wheels, putting it on jack stands. I found a few places to block at the bottom that you couldn't see when it was on the wheels (this thing sits low). I cleaned the cable ends of the grouning cable also to be sure I hadf a good connection. I then went on bug patrol in the booth, removing anything that flew, and called it a (late) night.

Today, I went on bug patrol in the shop, to keep any offenders from flying into the booth at some point, then it got taped off and wiped down 4 times. (I hate trash in my paint). Sprayed a gallon and a half of base, tacking off the plastic and paper between coats, and it also got 7 quarts of clear. I have 2 small trash spots, and a couple of runs. No biggie as they are in the clear and it will be cut and buffed anyway.

I gotta say, the color is killer. lots of depth, no shadows that I can see, and a nice shine as is. I will put it up against any of the restoration shows...

Old 04-01-2018, 02:46 PM   #18
veesix

Vehicle: 1988 SE V6 KingCab

Looks excellent!
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:10 AM   #19
mytmouz

Old 04-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #20
mytmouz

So I spent today drilling about 2 million trim holes in my new paint...