Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wheels and Tires

Old 10-25-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
clamb5097

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1994
Question largest wheel size for static drop without fender mods

All,

New to IN, but a longtime Hardbody owner and enthusiast. Started in 99, and still own two hardbodies, one 1994 daily driver and a 95 extended cab I just bought. Back in the mid to late 90's we were lowering our trucks with the factory 14" steelies, and just running a low profile tire. I want to lower my extended cab a bit, keep it static, but not slam it to the ground. Maybe a 3" to 4" lower. I don't mind keeping the factory 14" steelies, but would consider moving up to a 15" or 16", only if these would not require wheel well work or fender replacement. (I love the look of the MB Gunner 6's that Scrapingpavement is running, but not sure what size I could run). Any suggestions on a good wheel/tire size that wouldnt require fender work, with about a 3-4" static drop?
clamb5097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,780 Posts

The diameter of the wheel isn’t what gets you, it’s the width and the offset. You could do a 22” if you could find one that is narrow enough and has a high positive offset. For a 16, try to find something 8” or smaller if possible. Get something with a lot of positive offset. This thread should help clarify what is likely to work. http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1916