Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Exterior & Paint and Body

Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE
Default Tailgate ?

95 D21 KC
When I open my tailgate this piece pops out of it holder. Am I missing something that would prevent that from happening? Should there be a sleeve or something to cover the male and female piece? Doesnít seam right that itís metal on metal.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

one side should have the open circle to allow the tailgate to be removed, the other side should be a full circle, the idea is, to remove you lower the tailgate so the flat part on the tailgate is lined up with the opening than you lift it up and out.

Those look like they have seen better days, I would suggest to clean as much of that rust off as is possible and apply some grease inside the cup part (body side) to help in the tailgate to open.

It's possible there is so much buildup inside the cup part that when you open the tailgate it is pushing it out.

Someone I just read somewhere, replaced the one hinge with one that does not have the cut out so the tailgate would not be easy to steal.

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardb0dy View Post
one side should have the open circle to allow the tailgate to be removed, the other side should be a full circle, the idea is, to remove you lower the tailgate so the flat part on the tailgate is lined up with the opening than you lift it up and out.

Those look like they have seen better days, I would suggest to clean as much of that rust off as is possible and apply some grease inside the cup part (body side) to help in the tailgate to open.

It's possible there is so much buildup inside the cup part that when you open the tailgate it is pushing it out.

Someone I just read somewhere, replaced the one hinge with one that does not have the cut out so the tailgate would not be easy to steal.
I though something was wrong. Maybe I can find replacement pieces for.
Thanks for the help.