Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 05-22-2018, 12:02 AM   #21
TheDoughboy

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NizMoKool View Post
Nice looking truck! I'm hoping to get started on mine soon. Have you installed the stereo setup yet?

Yes, and it sounds great The woofers are now firing up towards the roof. But I have been toying with the idea of flipping the sub box and see how that sounds.
TheDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 AM   #22
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Vehicle: A Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoughboy View Post
Thank you! I get so many thumbs ups driving around. At the gas station or a parking people come up to me and ask about it or tell me about the truck they had in the 80's or 90's. You just don't see too many old school minis.

Sure feels like I'm on the bumps I did cut them in half. 3" blocks in the rear with the hangar redrill mod. Since I commute 52 miles round trip. At some point I might get the Belltech 2" drop spindles and their 3" rear leaf for a better overall ride.

I had a Hardbody in the '90s too. A lot of old minitrucks near me but they're all driven by landscapers, etc. Some manage to keep them pretty clean, but most are shot. Shit, a lot of people don't even know wtf "minitruck" means and think I'm talking about some toy shit or ask if it's like those 50cc minibikes or something.

You got any more pics of it on the 15x10s? I think you're definitely riding on bumpstops since your fenders aren't curled from the wheels sticking out. My stock wheels tuck into the fenders, but I'm gonna be putting some deep-dish wheels on eventually. I'm lowered on 3" blocks and Mustang II shocks with bumpstops removed. Need to trim and reinstall the bumpstops before I swap wheels.

https://i.imgur.com/IDjWu5x.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoughboy View Post
Yes, and it sounds great The woofers are now firing up towards the roof. But I have been toying with the idea of flipping the sub box and see how that sounds.

Typically they sound best firing at the rear wall.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #23
TheDoughboy

Your truck looks clean. It will look great when you get your rims. I wish I could find a Snugtop for mine.
Thanked by:
Hands On (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 AM   #24
TheDoughboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands On View Post
I had a Hardbody in the '90s too. A lot of old minitrucks near me but they're all driven by landscapers, etc. Some manage to keep them pretty clean, but most are shot. Shit, a lot of people don't even know wtf "minitruck" means and think I'm talking about some toy shit or ask if it's like those 50cc minibikes or something.

You got any more pics of it on the 15x10s? I think you're definitely riding on bumpstops since your fenders aren't curled from the wheels sticking out. My stock wheels tuck into the fenders, but I'm gonna be putting some deep-dish wheels on eventually. I'm lowered on 3" blocks and Mustang II shocks with bumpstops removed. Need to trim and reinstall the bumpstops before I swap wheels.

https://i.imgur.com/IDjWu5x.jpg

Typically they sound best firing at the rear wall.

Firing them to the rear was my first choice, but I don't have the room to fire them at the wall, unless I want to drive with my seats more forward than I like. Although I cannot remember how far they would have to come up. Maybe I should unbolt it and check again. Maybe I could live with seats up a little more. I am only 5'8" after all

I do need to take some new pics of my truck. I just have to find a nice place with a decent background. I work at a car dealership and have been talking to our car photographer. He is the only photographer I know and have tasked him to find a good location to take some really nice photos. He mentioned an abandoned warehouse not far from work.

So I should have some nice new pics soon.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #25
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for the compliment. Look forward to seeing the pics. Old school shells are cool, but the gasket boot thing rubs off paint.

I sit far and low back too. Can always do a custom enclosure to maximize space, but see what the best placement is for the subs first. My buddy back in the day had a reg cab Hardbody with a 15" enclosure behind the seat and he's 6'. Hit hard, but I have no idea how he rode around with his knees in the dash like that.

Ran separate lines to my air shocks today, btw. It's a lot less convenient with two lines, but it's nice to be able to level the rear out. I'm gonna air them up on perfectly level ground and see what the difference in PSI to get it even will be so I don't have to constantly check each side to see how they look.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:51 AM   #26
TheDoughboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands On View Post
Thanks for the compliment. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Here are some I just took..

mi1 by TheDoughboy .

mi2 by TheDoughboy ., on Flickr

mi3 by TheDoughboy ., on Flickr

mi4 by TheDoughboy ., on Flickr

mi5 by TheDoughboy ., on Flickr

mi7 by TheDoughboy ., on Flickr
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (05-31-2018), Hands On (06-03-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #27
ZECK

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody Extended Cab

Clean looking truck man! love the wheels.
ZECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:30 AM   #28
TheDoughboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZECK View Post
Clean looking truck man! love the wheels.
Thank you. I get lots of attention in the truck (not that I'm looking for it) but especially with the 15x10's I run15x8's in the winter.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:59 AM   #29
Gordo78
I'm The Juggernaut B&#@^!

Vehicle: 91 HB

Love the new wheels! Did you lose the fox sticker?
Old 06-03-2018, 07:06 AM   #30
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Love the Gambler/Champ wheels. Some spinners would really set them off. My brother had those on his 4x4 Hardbody, no spinners tho. I had 15x10 Centerline Champ 800s on my old truck.

Do you have the SS on the tailgate? Nice classic mini touch.