Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Nissan SUV

Old 07-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
fbccars924
I did what???

Vehicle: 92 Nissan D21 SE V6 5spd KH3, 92 D21 Base KH3
Default oil pan differences

Ok so the VG30 in my little D21 gave out finally and I figured why not go to a VG33. And just to clear up a few questions before I try to do the swap.

Could I use the the 3.3 oil pan without modification and do the transmissions bolt right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Case View Post
mine's a complete shitheap, bought from a guy who hacked it, who bought it from a complete retard.
i put 3k on it with a horrible rod knock before it barfed up a tranny.
it's ugly, loud, uncomfortable and smelly, but i'll be damned if it's not reliable.
fbccars924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
rkyclrk

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan truck

The bolt pattern is the same for the transmission but I would make sure you wont have to do too much work to fit a starter in there. Nissan was pretty bad about using a different starter for every application and there is a chance that nether starter will work without modification. I have no clue about oil pan.
rkyclrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
fbccars924
I did what???

Vehicle: 92 Nissan D21 SE V6 5spd KH3, 92 D21 Base KH3

I checked the starter and it seems they are different but the one I have looks nothing like the one it says is stock for the 92. 92- part# 17101 97 Pathy- part # 17263. I'll have to check all data too though.

edit: ok I looked it up and I'll have to use the VG30 starter it looks like. but I'll have to double check.

Edit2: after further inspection i found the vg30 starter should work. the difference is in the transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Case View Post
mine's a complete shitheap, bought from a guy who hacked it, who bought it from a complete retard.
i put 3k on it with a horrible rod knock before it barfed up a tranny.
it's ugly, loud, uncomfortable and smelly, but i'll be damned if it's not reliable.

Last edited by fbccars924; 07-09-2014 at 02:38 PM.
fbccars924 is offline   Reply With Quote