Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 04-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #171
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

Also - If your doing the V8 conversion and using speedway universal mounts DOUBLE CHECK THE WELDS!

Found one side that was held together with powder coat and a prayer apparently... needless to say both sides got welded up before I put everything back together.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #172
REYXTC

Vehicle: 88 Hardbody

Should do a how to on the tag and roll pan install. Lookin good
Old 04-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #173
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

I wish I had the time haha - did the roll pan and plate box in about 2.5 hours, no body work yet - just metal... thats about the max garage time in a single stint before I catch noise or attacked by kids haha

Roll pan fitting was a breeze, I believe this was a Grant Customs product (bought it used years ago...) - Perfect fit. Prepped the area (remove paint and clean). Put a couple self tapers in the lip that goes up behind/under the gate to hold it in place. Tack Tack Tack, burn through because the bed corners are paper due to 27 years of rust, tack, tack, fill holes repeat. Then grind it all flat with a flap disc and wheels. Flat black until I get some body filler.

Plate box - snagged that off eBay at some point, nice heavy gauge with nutserts for the plate. Position box, trace outline, cut on the inside of your lines. Find a big ol brace hidden in the tailgate... despair that you only have partial cut off wheels that won't reach left and your plasma cutter is loaned out - chew it out with sheers haha. File and grind the opening until the box fits nice and snug (nobody wants to fill gaps on sheet metal). Tack, Tack,Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack, Tack .... grind! Filler primer, run out of flat black and end up with a pretty sweet 90's splatter paint vibe haha