Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > The Other Forum

Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner
Default Kitchen make over

Been needing to redo the kitchen cabinets for a while now, crap pressed wood that the cabinet doors were made out of was starting to bubble.

I measured all the cabinet doors, 31 of them, sent the measurements to a guy I work with that builds cabinets on the side and he figured out how much plywood we would need to cut out new doors.

One Saturday I met him at Home Depot near his house and I bought 3 sheets of the cabinet grade plywood, we went back to his house and he cut out the 31 doors for me.

I planned on painting them gloss white and I wanted to spray them so I picked up a HVLP spray gun from HF, I primed all the doors, than a week later started painting them. I didn't like how they were coming out so I bought a better spray gun, another HVLP gun.

I've never used a spray gun before so I did some research and figured it out, with the second gun they came out good.

I ordered some Coca Cola red knobs for all the doors, and we picked up 25 packs of white hinges.

I mounted all the doors and drawer fronts, than my wife wanted the range hood painted red, I had Engine paint, red from when I painted my valve cover so I sprayed some on a piece of scrap metal so she could see how it looked, also sprayed the other end with some red brake caliper paint I had.

I painted all the cabinet faces with the same white paint but I used a roller, I need to either replace the green Formica or paint it.

I removed the range hood, took it completely apart, cleaned it, sanded it and painted it (spray can) with 3 coats of the engine paint (high heat), it came out good, I also painted the underside of the hood with appliance white paint.

couple days later I reinstalled it.

My wife said we needed a new under cabinet can opener as ours was no longer white, the years started to turn it yellow, I couldn't find a new one in white, only black, so I took the can opener down and tried to clean it. I decided to take it apart and I taped it off and I painted it also with the red, I didn't paint any area that comes in contact with the can.

Than she asked me about the metal trim around a Coca Cola clock we have, I tried cleaner wax to clean it but it wasn't coming out good, so I sanded it and painted it red also. The paint didn't come out good it had some glossy areas and others were dull so I decided to spray it with clear.

I guess it was too humid and the clear turned white and cloudy, so I wet sanded it with 1500 & 2000 grit than polished it with the cleaner wax, it came out really good.

Yesterday I painted one of the switch covers red just to see how it would look,

pics below:

The drawers were not closing right so I noticed where the back of the slides was attached to the wall, the screws were not even in a stud, so I used a piece of the left over plywood attached to the bottom to secure the rear of the draw slides, they are tight and level now !

This door was not mounted because I had to buy a special drill bit to install the hidden hinges that this cabinet uses, this cabinet was given to us by a neighbor when we removed the dish washer

Current truck - 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner ,

(formerly owned: 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd, 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )

Last edited by ahardb0dy; 07-01-2018 at 03:20 PM.
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

The one door with the hidden hinges now installed:

underside of the range hood painted white:

top of range hood painted red:

Range hood installed:

I used metal duct, riveted to the range hood to connect to the flex duct, it made it easier to attach:

Can opener:

I didn't paint the back as I didn't want to have to un do the wiring:

(formerly owned: 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd, 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
Thanked by:
Foul_Mouth (07-10-2018), YEPEE (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
YEPEE

Vehicle: 86.5 HB, 02 Sentra Spec-V

a coke freak! lol Looks good, I like it
YEPEE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:10 AM   #4
Franz

Vehicle: Nissan Sentra 2000

This is a Coke Kitchen!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 PM   #5
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Thanks,

Got an estimate for new cushions for our kitchen booth area. Wife want's it done to look like a 50's diner booth, red marine vinyl for the bottom cushions and red with a white triangle for the back cushions, with new better foam, all hand made by a local boat/furniture upholstery shop, $804 plus tax.

I don't think it's too bad a price I know this guy does really good work, have to save up now for them.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:56 PM   #6
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,269 Posts

Damn nice work
Old 07-11-2018, 02:28 AM   #7
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

thanks. First time using a HVLP spray gun

Old 07-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #8
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

couple more pics, the red in the pics is the same as what I used for the range hood and the can opener, the lighting just make them look darker,

first pic I replaced one of the switches that's why it is more white than the other,, these switches are a pain to replace because in mobile homes they do not use electrical boxes in the walls, the switches and outlets are known as self contained, meaning the wires clip into the switch or outlet than they have a plastic cover that snaps onto the back.

This outlet I believe my father in law added, that is why it has a screw on plate:

Need a red toaster ! Or maybe I'll paint it ! LOL: