Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 07-07-2018, 03:07 AM   #17361
Midnight Tech

Location: Back in SC again...in the back of the parts store...
Vehicle: 1986.5 D21 Hardbody 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
If you like blue for your Nissan, there are more shades of it available than the dealer option list for a Porsche Cayenne. My vote for the newest...and maybe BEST shade of blue goes to the Miami Blue being used by the new 911. Just jumps out at you. Imagine the possibilities. CODE: M5C

Legal note: Porsche technically 'owns' this color. But the only real restriction is you can't sell a vehicle painted with M5C and advertise it as being painted 'Miami Blue'. Or say that at car shows. Name is copyrighted. Any good paint shop can fix you up with the mix, though.

Got me curious now - gotta look that code up tomorrow at work and check price on it...
And never saw Crockett or Tubbs wearing that shade of blue in Miami - now if they called it Tarheel or Carolina blue...

Out of Round Tuits....
Midnight Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:15 AM   #17362
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Now where are you going?

Across town. I bought a place. Broke as shit now! I think I did pretty well putting 20% down on my first house at 26.
VG33i
Deerhurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #17363
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

Posted by Bob's wife (Gayla at Adventure Books of Seattle) using his account Sci-Fi Guy -

Bob left for Trap Pass this afternoon. It's up the Duckabush River in the Olympics. He called me on the cell and wanted everyone to know. When he left he was wearing his IN shirt. Mine should be coming soon.

Yes I'm going to join Infamous Nissan. Bob was the one who talked me into the Pathfinder last week and said I should join. After reading some of the posts here you guys are pretty nice, I must say. Let me put up a picture of the two of us from a long time ago, when we were starting up AB like 12 years ago. Wish I looked like that now. Hes going to get mad I did but so what. I love my new Pathfinder. Have to say that.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 112,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #17364
h.stickeye

Vehicle: 91 Nissan Navara d21 Single Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Across town. I bought a place. Broke as shit now! I think I did pretty well putting 20% down on my first house at 26.
did you have to sell any organs. damn, we dont have any chance of affording a house in Australia, its ridiculous.

But good work dude! An achievement for sure, very jealous.
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #17365
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote:
Posted by Bob's wife (Gayla at Adventure Books of Seattle) using his account Sci-Fi Guy -

Bob left for Trap Pass this afternoon. It's up the Duckabush River in the Olympics. He called me on the cell and wanted everyone to know. When he left he was wearing his IN shirt. Mine should be coming soon.

Yes I'm going to join Infamous Nissan. Bob was the one who talked me into the Pathfinder last week and said I should join. After reading some of the posts here you guys are pretty nice, I must say. Let me put up a picture of the two of us from a long time ago, when we were starting up AB like 12 years ago. Wish I looked like that now. Hes going to get mad I did but so what. I love my new Pathfinder. Have to say that.

Yes ma’am your shirt is on the way! We’ll expect that Bob will have some cool pictures when he returns.
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #17366
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,056 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
My college was started late because of my military service, but I got my first place in 1997 at 28 years old. There aren't many pictures because everyone still used film then, and a House Poor guy like me couldn't afford to run around taking pictures. This is the only one I have from that year with me in it.

Here's that old house.

I stayed House Poor, too. Even though I was single and had my own place, I could not go out on weekends because I had no money to go out on.

In the end, my solution was to rent a room out. A guy in college responded to rent the place for $400/month and we split the bills (in case he wanted to go nuts with the thermostat or something). I kept making my regular payments and put half of his payments towards the mortgage, giving me $200/month to spend. It wasn't much, but it gave me some spending money, and someone to have a conversation with every once in a while.

I fell for the "refinance for a lower rate" gimmick. Yes, you can refinance for lower interest when that comes around, skipping 2 payments and having an overall lower mortgage, but your 30 year note starts all over. It took me a while to realize that.

I stayed there about 5 years before selling the place. It was during the housing bubble, so I was able to sell it for twice what I paid.

Quote:
Posted by Bob's wife (Gayla at Adventure Books of Seattle) using his account Sci-Fi Guy.

Yes I'm going to join Infamous Nissan. Bob was the one who talked me into the Pathfinder last week and said I should join. After reading some of the posts here you guys are pretty nice, I must say.
Then how about a preemptive Welcome!

You'll probably go with a traditional screen name like Gayla1, but I'm over here thinking nonSciFiGal is still available. lol
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #17367
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.stickeye View Post
did you have to sell any organs. damn, we dont have any chance of affording a house in Australia, its ridiculous.

But good work dude! An achievement for sure, very jealous.

Still got my organs as far as I know! The housing market around here is stupid and to get a decent place you have to look above $200k. Even at $200k there is some sketchy stuff going on. The loan interest rates just went to the moon too. Glad I got locked in just before it started really climbing.

Its a 3br 2ba place built in 2003 on just under .20 of an acre with a 2 car garage and a car port. Needless to say the truck is living in the garage.
VG33i
Old 07-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #17368
VOTS95

Vehicle: 1995 XE King Cab V6, Desert Runner

Quote:
Congratulations, 20% down on a first house is HUGE Don't fall into the refi trap like JP says.

I bought my first house at 27. Four years in the military then four years in college. Got a job right away and bought a house with no money down with my VA loan and man was that a blessing. Got married and we paid off that house and later used it as the down payment on the house we live in today. I'm gearing up to retire and the house will be paid for in 14 months. I'll never have to worry about having a place to live.

VOTS
VOTS95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #17369
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Hell yeah man! Congrats on being paid off and retiring!

I'm going to try to pay off the house early. Glad I got it before the interest rate went nuts again!
VG33i
Old 07-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #17370
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,056 Times in 930 Posts

Just be careful of the house you want to retire in.

The place I am in now is paid for, and I was thinking about retiring here.

Don't get a big place to retire to. The yard alone takes 1 person about 5 to 7 hours to mow on a zero turn tractor. A retired person would spend all their time mowing, and someone who works all the time like me is forced to play a service 500 USD a month to maintain the place.

Also, the county taxes on this house come to 4400 to 4800 USD a year.

I'm sure there are people in other parts of the world that are laughing at my low rates, but the yard main and the property taxes alone could fund an apartment. It's got me rethinking my strategy.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote