Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 11-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #51
YEPEE

Vehicle: 86.5 HB,95 HB, 02 Sentra Spec-V

if you think its an injector issue, check the harness.. there is a junction that gets weak over time, I had to re-solder mine
YEPEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #52
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEPEE View Post
if you think its an injector issue, check the harness.. there is a junction that gets weak over time, I had to re-solder mine
Yes! I always forget about that issue because my truck isn't covered by the defect.

FIX: erratic idle, low speed driveability, possibly more
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #53
Juster

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody 5 Speed Z24i

Checked the "weak" section of the harness. Resoldered everything and cleaned it up when I was there.

As JP said using the service manual the resistance of the Injectors is tested fine.

Losing ideas been checking everything. Checked the distributor and tighten the bolts everything is tight and good.

Just seems like the computer isn't getting power or if I jump the main relay computer lights come on but seems like it cycling on and off.

Debating on parting out this truck now. Don't want to but seems like I'm losing things to check.
Juster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #54
jp2code
Software Developer

Do you know of any shops in town with mechanics who are arrogant? I've recently found a shop that claims that they are better than everyone else and can find out what is wrong with anything. Sometimes it is worth sending a vehicle to someone like that to have them figure out what the issue is, and a diagnostics charge is still a diagnostics charge, no matter how long it takes them to figure it out.

This is in the 1990 Service Manual, and could be helpful in figuring out what's going on:

Old 12-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #55
Juster

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody 5 Speed Z24i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Do you know of any shops in town with mechanics who are arrogant? I've recently found a shop that claims that they are better than everyone else and can find out what is wrong with anything. Sometimes it is worth sending a vehicle to someone like that to have them figure out what the issue is, and a diagnostics charge is still a diagnostics charge, no matter how long it takes them to figure it out.

This is in the 1990 Service Manual, and could be helpful in figuring out what's going on:

Honestly, checked everything. Seems it's either a bad ECU (which I can't find anywhere locally at a junkyard etc)

But I have decided to use this truck as a parts unit for my other truck and part it out. Thanks again to everyone who helped. Much appreciated!
Juster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #56
jp2code
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juster View Post
Honestly, checked everything. Seems it's either a bad ECU (which I can't find anywhere locally at a junkyard etc)

But I have decided to use this truck as a parts unit for my other truck and part it out. Thanks again to everyone who helped. Much appreciated!
The ECU will have a part number listed on it, like MEU-xxx. Usually, you can search that part number on eBay and find one.

IF you get one on eBay, Sellers typically write a number on them using a paint pen and give you 2-weeks to 30-days to return it. So, as soon as it gets in, install it and check it out or you will be stuck with a bad ECU.