Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > The Other Forum

Old 09-03-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
lomofo11

Vehicle: Hb-less at the moment
Default El Blanco Diablo

What's up y'all. Just posting up what we've been slowly working on while I'm still hb-less and getting my funds in the right order. Anyway, on with the build....

This is my cousin's S-10 that we are building to break some hearts on the street mainly and the track. Eric (my cousin) is mainly the brains behind his creation/vision for his street truck. Guy knows his stuff. I'm here for fabrication, labor and moral support, (even though it's taken over my garage, haha!). It should be done this winter, he works spring to fall as an operating engineer.
The truck will be powered by a SBE 6.0L LS engine forced by a 78mm turbo backed by a B&M TH400 with reverse manual valve body. A custom driveshaft leads to a narrowed Ford 8.8 at the rear. On with some pics...

Here is the truck that we picked up in Kentucky, '98 with a 4-banger and ZQ8 suspension package, arriving at the garage and ready to be molested...

Rear half stripped down...

The 6.0 LS we picked up ready to be disassembled...

Tore down almost all the way...

Being put back together. Didn't want to photo bomb with everything but it has the stock bottom end all cleaned up, King Racing main bearings, Clevite 77 rod and cam bearings, new gapped piston rings for boost, fresh hone on cylinder walls, new oil pump, new timing set, new oil pickup tube and windage tray, and a freshened up LS car oil pan. Might be a couple things I forgot but technically all new besides crank, rods and pistons...

The end result. Custom grind turbo cam, hardened pushrods, .600 springs, full floating rocker arms, stock heads massaged slightly, everything Fel-Pro gaskets (the good ones), stock truck style intake manifold modified with Holly fuel rails and big injectors, all new everything on the front, stainless steel forward facing headers. Again, more I'm sure I forgot about...

The combo ready to test fit in. Solid motor mounts mated to Dirty Dingo engine mounts puts it in its place...

Modified factory crossmember for the TH400 mount...

And she's in...

Didn't like the offset of the headers so I cut the longer one down to match the other...

Last edited by lomofo11; 09-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.
lomofo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (09-03-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 02:23 AM   #2
lomofo11

Header wouldn't fit with the oem steering shaft...

So we fabbed up a whole new set up. Steering wheel in original position via u joints and a hiem joint on the firewall...

Narrow time on the 8.8 axle. It'll be fully rebuilt up to GT500 specs. Also welded tubes to diff housing...

Old 09-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #3
lomofo11

Axle put in place with Caltrac split mono leaves and rear hanger sliders. Checking for pinion angle, squareness, wheel fitment, etc...

Throw on some Mikey Thompson street legal slicks...

And on the ground for a look see. Still haven't messed with the front suspension, got to see where we'll want the height later...

Whipped up the frame work for the fuel cell and battery box mounts. Bed floor will be open, just outer skin...

Now we're at the front mocking up intercooler location/mounts, turbo mount and hot/cold side piping. The radiator will be in the bed behind the cab, more on that when we get to it...

That's all for now. I'll post up progress as we go. This is all fitment stage. It will all get torn back apart for powder coat. We'll be doing body work while that is going on. Later yall!
Old 09-03-2019, 02:47 AM   #4
lomofo11

Not sure why pics are small but at least it'll take you to a larger one when you click on it. I'm no tech guru, just a welder and modifier on cars and trucks...lol!