Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #41
rockytop

Vehicle: 92 nissan d21 4cyl 4x4

We don't need to make that assumption; )
rockytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jp2code (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #42
rockytop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Did you check the fusible links?

You say it cranks when gasoline is poured down the throttle body. If it cranks, it is getting spark but not fuel.

The fuel injector(s) get power from the fusible links on the Positive Terminal (+) of the battery.

Here: Fusible Links
I thought my jazz on my positive battery was a rig from previous owner come to find out its fusible links
Old 05-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #43
rockytop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceH326 View Post
The firing order was correct guys.......here's where we're at, which isn't much further due to work and kids... When we turn the truck off after trying to crank it we can hear something still pumping or leaking fuel through to the intake. Ran the diagnostics on the computer and got a code 13 which is the cylinder head/water temperature sensor circuit and also got a code 43, which is the throttle sensor circuit, if I studied up correctly on the VG30i (which I am sure is what's in my truck). I did video the diagnostic test in case anyone thinks maybe my conclusions should be checked. I am not opposed to that since I have never done it before. We did just replace the TPS, is that the same as a throttle sensor circuit?? Is any of this making sense??
The 13 cylinder head water temp I hope it ain't but it may be a blown head gasket but I am no mechanic how did you get the codes ?

And what's your motor look like?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #44
rockytop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceH326 View Post
We'll definitely check the cylinder head for pressure leaking (like you suggested) in the morning as well. I have a whole checklist of things from all you guys advice! It is so appreciated!! The truck won't run so I can't really try the rest of that....I kinda thought that maybe what we heard when we turned the key off might be related back to the distributor being so loose that my husband can turn it and when he does he can hear the injectors kicking on and off...but prior to this I didn't even know how to change a tire so.....lol. Could the timing just be off so much so that it could be causing all this?!?
Sorry for so many post I just keep thinking of stuff to ask .

your truck is a 87 there was a Z24i motor for that year that is a 4cyl and it has 8 spark plugs
Old 05-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #45
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Vehicle: Nissan HB KC 4x4

Quote:
Hey, you referenced a lot of smart people on here and me in the same paragraph. Better watch out. People are likely to think you're telling them I'm one of the smart ones.

Candace, if you haven't seen it yet, here's a sticky with a video on getting those error codes

http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31527
Since yours in a 1987, scroll down to the bottom of that post. Start at the second video. Yours does not have a place for a screwdriver. It only has a toggle switch that selects between running data and stored data.

Expose the ECU, set the brake, shift into neutral' and turn the key to "ON" without starting it. You should see the LEDs flashing in sequence. If not, flip the switch the other way.

Now, fully press and release the gas pedal one time.
Press the clutch and shift into first. Release the clutch.
Press the clutch and shift back into neutral. Release the clutch.

The only code you should see is 44. Four long blinks followed by four short blinks.

Last edited by Reserector; 05-06-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Reserector is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jp2code (05-06-2016), rockytop (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:54 PM   #46
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,083 Times in 955 Posts

Thanks Reserector.

I added that quote of yours to the bottom of Post 1 on that sticky.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #47
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Quote:
Thanks Reserector.

I added that quote of yours to the bottom of Post 1 on that sticky.
Thanks. I didn't know if that was in the video or not. I can't listen to it at my desk, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #48
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,083 Times in 955 Posts

It isn't. I was using my dial version, and I had no info on the earlier "toggle switch" versions.

Deerhurst posted a video and gave me some info, but it doesn't describe that Clutch/1st Gear trick. I don't know if it's required or not, so I just added it.

Too much info rarely hurts.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #49
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Quote:
It isn't. I was using my dial version, and I had no info on the earlier "toggle switch" versions.

Deerhurst posted a video and gave me some info, but it doesn't describe that Clutch/1st Gear trick. I don't know if it's required or not, so I just added it.

Too much info rarely hurts.
It clears two codes that will otherwise persist. 24 Neutral switch, and (if memory serves) 42 TPS
Thanked by:
CandaceH326 (05-07-2016), jp2code (05-06-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 03:11 AM   #50
CandaceH326

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1987

Ok guys, I got good news and some not so good news....we went out to work on the truck today during our lunch break, I had my notebook with me full of everything you guys have told me, and my hubby tells me to just try cranking it just in case..... Well of course it didn't crank so I start reading out stuff from my notes to check/try. He goes and checks spark plug #1 and it was literally saturated in gas! He tells me to try it with #1 out to see what happens. I literally saw gas shooting up out of where the plug would have been. He cleans it all up and checks the 1st cylinder...it's about drowning in gas as well. So he "cleaned up" the gas from every where it wasn't supposed to be, set everything the way it should go and told me to crank it. Damn thing fired right on up and has done so every time I've turned the key since then!!!

Now here's the deal, it fires on up and sounds great, no noises or jerking or anything. However I have white smoke for days coming from my exhaust. Husband says that he is almost 100% sure it isn't a blown head gasket due to the fact of how well it is running. He believes that it has to do with the first piston, like maybe the piston ring is all gummed up and not really working right OR that it could possibly even be broken (pray it's not!) This is all so frustrating but I know it's going to be worth it!

Last edited by CandaceH326; 05-07-2016 at 03:51 AM.
CandaceH326 is offline   Reply With Quote