Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 04-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #131
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

Very cool setup? How much lift are you getting?

My only thought would be that single shear point at the bushing end, not sure how to address it and it probably would not be an issue but...
Old 04-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #132
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

@estetic right now it's getting about 9-ten inches of lift. with the bed weight etc I might lose some but i bet it's negligible I'm not leveraging the bag much at all and im looking for a firmer ride at lower pressure.. the main lift arm has a grade 8 nine inch long shoulder bolt that goes all the way thru the frame members and rides in a 3" long hardened sleeve . I've since added large washers to the head side to control any lateral movement of the bushing if it ever arises as a problem. There's little to no lateral force. the load is spread over so many points and surfaces along a linear plane that I'm not too worried about needing another shear, buts it certainly on the radar if needed. I have access to a plasma table so if it does require more support I'll be able to make something functional and esthetically pleasing as well... I'm still making pieces to really tune it in before it's all said and done. The bag track arms and the lift link shackles are just mockup in the pick I'll make something cool for those later too... I'm just glad it works as planned and I keep a flat bed floor

Last edited by Tatujess; 04-27-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Tatujess is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
estetic (04-24-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #133
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

got the passenger side bodydrop ledge all buttoned up. Did it at about a 45 degree angle and coped it in at the ends.. made a piece on the brake for the extra cab portion but the pic was too dark. Driver side this week the firewall tubs are all tacked in as well but I wanna put my clutch pedal back in before I button those up for good and make sure I still have some room to trim the firewall more so I can get a little extra steering room down low. Been working on the BMW project a lot lately too its just about ready for paint.. it's no longer static or automatic... got a donor car and got the five speed tranny everything for the swap and bumpers trim side skirts complete power steering system brushed aluminum interior trim stereo sport steering wheel and hid headlights off it too... bagged it with re5s out back with bilstien/h&r shocks and universal air aerosport strut bags up front on my h&r/bilstien coilover struts. Did the little larrys touché manual valves in the cupholder in the center console converted to studs and lugs and started adding spacers and smaller tires on my m5 wheels to get the fitment just right without cambering out crazy. Dual 380c's on a three gallon connected to a half gallon tank all copper hardline in the trunk... hopefully getting the ice pearl white with diamond flake and laced out roof done in the next couple weeks build pics and vids on Instagram @leauxenbroke
Old 04-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #134
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

@86.5KC thanks man I appreciate it. It's way worth it I feel if anybody has any questions my posts don't answer don't hesitate to ask I'll do my best to help anyone else interested in doing it as best I can
Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 AM   #135
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

[IMG][/IMG]
Got the driver side buttoned up today... sometimes it feels like this thing is taking forever and then I remember each thing I do get done is one more thing off the list... at one day a week one can only get so much done right?!?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #136
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2003 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 93 300zx convertible, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,256 Times in 1,028 Posts

Looking good man, takes time to do it right
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:26 PM   #137
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Really cool, makes me want to start on my truck again

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #138
Ven
///Relaxed Atmosphere

Vehicle: 1994 Pathfinder

Coming along good man, keep plugging away at it and crossing out things on the list, it takes a while but eventually it all comes together.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #139
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

[IMG][/IMG]got the floor box made and welded in. Makes a great spot for the airtank to go up under the cab a little and still plenty of room for 3 batteries, evap unit and exhaust to sneak under it all thanks for the words of encouragement much appreciated y'all