Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Introductions

Old 11-21-2020, 02:56 AM   #121
EF2

Vehicle: 94 king cab

haven’t driven it in about two weeks due to the fucking brakes being a nightmare. here’s a pic i took the other day of it sitting.
EF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:22 AM   #122
EF2

brakes are finally fixed thanks to a guy on here, can’t remember his sn off the top of my head, name is brian. i just wanna apologize for being a dickhead in that one post where i called everyone an old man and not offering insight. i can be a douche sometimes and that’s probably why no ones responding to anything i post.
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (11-22-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 02:37 AM   #123
EF2

had christmas over at my parents place tonight and my mom got me some floor mats for the truck. exact fit, you just gotta pick your trucks specs is what she said, i’m fucking pumped. floor mats mean a lot to me lol, my last pair were pieces of shits and slid all over.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #124
EF2

been smelling gas lately in and around the truck the last few weeks, and now it’s starting to sputter at lower RPM’s. i’m assuming it’s gotta be something to do with the evap system, but i haven’t had a chance to look into it lately with work being busy and other random stuff. another thing i noticed was it leaks a little fuel on the passenger frame rail by the brake line 5 way. it’s not a consistent thing either, just happens every ones in a while. now my question is has anyone had this similar issue? i’m trying to get this figured out soon and was curious if anyone had any similar issue. thanks.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:12 PM   #125
EF2

got a few parts from nissan today i had ordered last month and usps had it all messed up and hadn’t delivered it, so i went to the post office and got them. package had new rubber grommets for the door ajar sensors, the battery tire down stuff and a new lens for the dome light. i also went to the junkyard with my brother and randomly found a 94 4x4 king cab in the same exact color as my truck and it had decent fenders on it so i grabbed those. need to go back and grab the fender liners though, wasn’t thinking and forgot to grab them. here’s a couple pics...

Old 01-17-2021, 01:46 AM   #126
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Nice, even has the holes!

I still use carpet samples. Red, of course. Got 4 sets, 15 years ago, from a friend that was "in the industry". Poked my own holes and have one set left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF2 View Post
had christmas over at my parents place tonight and my mom got me some floor mats for the truck. exact fit, you just gotta pick your trucks specs is what she said, iím fucking pumped. floor mats mean a lot to me lol, my last pair were pieces of shits and slid all over.

89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 03:59 AM   #127
EF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89'HBV6 View Post

I still use carpet samples. Red, of course. Got 4 sets, 15 years ago, from a friend that was "in the industry". Poked my own holes and have one set left.
that was the best part haha. the previous mats had nothing on the underside to help them from sliding and the generic cut was trash. these ones haven moved at all since iíve put them in. driver side has the hook, but the passenger side doesnít. one of the best items for the truck imo.
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 01:02 AM   #128
amdilligaf1
i usually don't talk much

Vehicle: 1997 D21 RC 2WD KA24 5MT HF35 KH3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89'HBV6 View Post
i poked my own holes and have one set left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EF2 View Post
....driver side has the hook, but the passenger side doesn’t. one of the best items for the truck imo.

i read both posts back and forth and finally put 2 & 2 together, i bought my truck used with OEM carpet and no mats, i have been using generics that always find a way to slide under the pedals.

i have had my seat and carpet out and really wondered about the hooks.
i didn't have a CLUE what they were.

thanks, HB and EF, one more piece in the D21 puzzle complete !

2 days later...EDIT: grabbed a honda pilot mat i had from LKQ, it had hook holes in it. i drove 20 miles today, in and out of the truck a bunch, finally no mat sliding under the pedals or into the door frame.
highly recommend this.

Last edited by amdilligaf1; 01-20-2021 at 09:44 PM.
amdilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (01-18-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 05:28 AM   #129
EF2

trucks been pissing me off lately. popping in the front end has gotten worse. it’s missing on cylinder one, exhaust hits the axle, exhaust hits speed bumps. whole front end creaks like crazy. everything in the front end is brand new, besides steering gearbox and torsion bars. i’ve been greasing everything every 3 months and is literally a year and a half old. so fucking sick of this piece of shit, about ready to send it to the junkyard.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:52 AM   #130
EF2

narrowed the misfire down to a clogged injector. took them to a local shop that cleans them and turns out they’ve all got rust in them so he went ahead and rebuilt them all for $20 total and said buy new injectors, which i just did. place was legit as fuck, $20 per injector and if they’re bad he doesn’t charge for that injector. he gives you a full print out of before and after of injector spray patterns at low pressure and 42.5 etc and notes. i’m honestly blown away by this place, the owner was a stand up guy and definitely made me feel as if i was a valued customer. somewhat long story short, i just ordered injectors off partsgeek and a new air filter, oh and currently the truck is running the best it’s ever ran i’m happy.

if anyone’s interested i can post pics of the pictures they took.
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (02-11-2021), alabama_lowlife (02-11-2021)