Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 12-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #11
VOTS95

Vehicle: 95 XE V6 4x4 5 Sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danacat12 View Post
I was wondering if anybody had any luck actually getting parts from
www.Oem-Surplus.com lately? I ordered a part on December 5, 2019, it's now December 15 and I still have no part and no shipping confirmation, and no reply from the last email I sent. (Though they gladly took my money :/ ) .
I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking about buying a replacement carpet from them. Keep us updated on your order, thanks!

VOTS
VOTS95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #12
Danacat12

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOTS95 View Post
I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking about buying a replacement carpet from them. Keep us updated on your order, thanks!

VOTS
I sure will. I sent another email last night. Haven't got a reply yet. The only email reply I got was right after I placed the order on Dec, 5th, and I sent them a question about when/how would I receive a shipping confirmation, so I would know when to expect the part to arrive (it was a seat cushion). Within a few hours, "Norman" sent a reply saying " Yes, I do see your order for a truck seat piece. I will be shortly processing your order and then once shipping gets the ship order, they will box it and slap a shipping label on it. Once that shipping label is created, the courier (probably FedEx Ground) will automatically notify you via email. Thanks for asking and thanks for the order...". He got my money and that's the last time he's bothered answering my emails. Now the website does state it's frustrating that they have poor customer service out of their Wisconsin Warehouse. So if you order carpet out of the Oklahoma Warehouse, you should get better customer service??? Maybe.. I have never ordered from them before, so it was my first time. But the way the website read, I became instantly cautious. I only payed using the shopping cart, using the Paypal button, linked to my credit card. When I went back and read some of the fine print, I didn't care for what I saw, like the 5% restocking fee to cancel an order that was processed and ready to ship, but NOT shipped yet. The way things are going, I could see that being a potential problem for customers if the business isn't holding up their end of the deal. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.
Danacat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:34 PM   #13
Danacat12

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOTS95 View Post

VOTS
Welp, based on my experience, I got one word of advice. Don't. I had to go through my Paypal account to make a claim. The last time I had heard from the seller, before December 30th, was December 5th when he was "processing my payment". The next time was at the end of the Paypal dispute period, December 30th. I was first notified by email that day, from Paypal, at the end of the the dispute claim period, that my "Item not received" claim was changed to "Item Not as Described" claim and I would have to wait another ten days for the seller's response. So I called Paypal and spoke to a person, assuring them that I did not contact them asking my claim to be changed from "Item Not Received" to "Item Not as Described", as I still had NOT received the item. Who or how or why it got changed leaves me to wonder, I try not to think the worst of people. Anyways, Paypal decided in my favor and is refunding my money. Later that day the seller finally sends me the second email since December 5th, saying he just got word that the "Wisconsin office" had just found my part after looking for it for weeks. He gave me an "LOL" at the idea I had been waiting since Dec. 5th, because according to him, he just wrestled another order from the Wisconsin office that they had been waiting on for several months, since summer. He asked me if I still wanted them to "ship the part or not?", after Paypal decided in my favor and closed the claim. Hah! Only if he can prove the part actually exists, and can put it in my hands BEFORE I pay again. I don't see that happening.

Last edited by Danacat12; 12-31-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Danacat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
VOTS95 (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #14
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya View Post
{Gladly took my money} Funny how that works. I have spent big bucks online getting this 93 fixed up. A year ago I would NEVER give credit card info to ANYBODY online. Now I only order from vendors that use Paypal. Paypal is the only entity that has my info. I never even need to fool with shipping or billing address, Paypal fills it in. When there has been issues with vendors, for example, a tailgate handle listed as "CHROME",(thanks JP) showed up as black. Ebay and Paypal fixed it and got me a return. I cannot order GUN parts through Paypal, and Amazon does not use Paypal.
Amazon does not accept PayPal but they DO back purchases like eBay does. No vendor at Amazon wants their store deleted by Amazon for cheating people. Because Amazon will do that in a heartbeat if necessary.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 125,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #15
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner

I haven't ordered anything from them in a while, but all the times I did order (including a $500 transmission) I had no problems.

Current truck - 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner ,

(formerly owned: 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd, 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote