Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Exterior & Paint and Body

Old 10-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #1
BStallion

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan D21
Default Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

This isn't Hardbody specific but can be used for any car/truck.

I saw a box of Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating. I never heard of it before. From what I could see, it looks very user friendly. The thought of putting a paint protection on my car had crossed my mind and I have no experience with ceramic coatings. I bought the Meguiar's and decided to try it out. It is very straight forward and easy to use. There is literally a few steps in this process. Basically make sure your car is clean and dry first. I didn't have to worry about any paint correction because my car is only a few months old and I hand wash it myself. I washed with the Meguiar's Gold Car Wash as suggested in the directions. Then I carefully dried the car everywhere and let it sit in the garage over night. The next day I used the surface prep to prep the car, spraying 2'x2' to 3'x3' areas one panel at a time and letting it sit for about a minute before wiping off. After the whole car was done I was able to apply the hybrid coating. I sprayed the applicator pad and let it sit for about 3 seconds then I wiped the car in 2'x2' sections one panel at a time until I finished the whole car (same as I did for the prep). The paint cannot get wet for at least 24 hours after the coating is applied. It needs a week to fully cure, so the car wasn't washed until the next week.

I had no issues using this and my car looks great. I was nice before but now it seems even shinier/glossier and smoother. This was my first time trying any type of coating and it was very user friendly. I'm not a detailer or have any detailing experience. If it holds up for a year that's great. Either way I'll get it ceramic coated after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8hjuKVQt0Q
BStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
PoBoi850

Vehicle: 88 2wd Z24i HB D21

Nice video.
PoBoi850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
BStallion (10-22-2021)