Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Shows and Get Togethers

Old 12-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #1
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 2009 Xterra, 1997 D21 King Cab XE (sold)
Default July 2022 UFO Party

Yes, folks. We're doing it again in 2022. We're dragging out all the heavy gear, renting a U haul trailer for a few days, and heading up near Mt. Rainier for this party.

All Nissan folks are welcome. It's free, including the provided BBQ on Saturday afternoon.

But you MUST get on the list to attend. Forest Service group camp rules restrict us to a maximum of 75 people without a special permit.

Event will be held approximately 14 miles SOUTH of Greenwater, WA off WA Highway 410, in a spot with a stunning view of Mt. Rainier.

Runs from Friday morning, July 8, 2022 until Sunday morning July 10th. A good time is guaranteed for all.

Full details and a sign up form are posted at the main AB of Seattle website HERE.

2009 Xterra, 4.0 liter, automatic, 4WD. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (12-23-2021)
Old 01-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
XoXSciFiGuy

UPDATE: As of January 6, 2022...32 slots out of total of 75 have been filled for this event. The webpage about it has been heavily updated. We are limited to 75 people because of US Forest Service rules on group camps. No one under 21 is allowed. This is because of group rules with the USFS regarding the use of alcohol.

In other words...when adults go camping...they sometimes like to crack a beer or two. And that is allowed...as long as kids aren't around. Otherwise you need a special permit and heavy insurance, two things I am not willing to pay for. Hell...we're paying for damn near everything else. See the updated page below for details.

https://www.adventurebooksofseattle....o-network-page

2009 Xterra, 4.0 liter, automatic, 4WD. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (01-06-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 11:00 PM   #3
XoXSciFiGuy

Picture of the actual site is shown below. For exact location, just Google Map search on the term 'Lonesome Lake, Washington'. The site is just past the lake, up that road you see in the picture. Some of the road cannot be seen.

From the spot we selected, although you can't see it in the picture...is one heck of a close-up-and-personal view of Mt. Rainier.

Make sure you go to that page I linked in the last post and use the Contact Form if you are even THINKING about attending. I have to take it down once we reach 75 people, but I might take it down before we get to that...the max number of people allowed under Forest Service group camping rules. One reason to sign up is because we send out a group email with updates about every six weeks, and two weeks prior to the event we send everyone a print-ready PDF with maps, directions, suggested gear, a contact phone and a ham frequency we monitor. You will probably need this, plus the updates in case anything changes between now and July.

All group emails are sent out BCC ('blind carbon copy') so that nobody receiving the email can see anyone else's email address. We do this to avoid the evil spammers.

First Picture: Close up of site. Can't see the nearby Lonesome Lake in this one, but it is just back down the road a short distance. Has two toilets there, although we do provide a flush toilet and a hot water shower inside a bath tent at the main site.

Second Picture: A more general view showing the lake nearby. You could actually stay there, but you need a WA State Discover Pass to do that. Short stops to use the toilets are allowed, though.

Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (01-25-2022)