Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 06-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #17261
johnber
grouchy old man

Vehicle: 89 4X base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Emissions!?!?! We ain't got that in the rest of the state!

I gotta get the title transferred over on the car. Truck needs tags
Olympia to Everett is where we have it in WA. I actually did all the underground and foundation for a test station in Bellingham The building got built too, That was in '93 and the state still does not use it, it sits pretty much empty. The front office is a state patrol station tho.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #17262
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

I'd fail emissions before I get to the sniffer. I'd fail visual. I'm glad most of Oregon doesn't do that crap.

Washington is all sorts of messed up like Oregon but not as bad as California yet.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #17263
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

No emissions here, I'd probably pass the visual but definitely fail the sniffer.

The cost to register a vehicle in WA depends on the value of the vehicle so if you drive old beaters it'll be pretty cheap still. Oregon uses a flat fee so I guess if you were buying a new car it would be in your favor. Either way, I couldn't believe it was $100 just to title a vehicle. It's going to run me just under $500 to get both vehicles titled and registered here.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #17264
johnber
grouchy old man

Vehicle: 89 4X base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
I'd fail emissions before I get to the sniffer. I'd fail visual. I'm glad most of Oregon doesn't do that crap.

Washington is all sorts of messed up like Oregon but not as bad as California yet.
so would I ......test pipe has been in sinse i resurrected it
Old 06-22-2018, 03:09 AM   #17265
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Haven't changed the title over on my sentra yet. Gonna be expensive. Gonna wait till after I sign the papers for my house.

Got pissed off at the crappy jiggly 8 ball shift knob some tool put on it. 3D printing a simple one right now though it will be purple. Gonna have to rattle can that! Lol!
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:02 AM   #17266
h.stickeye

Vehicle: 91 Nissan Navara d21 Single Cab

Nearly bought a dual cab 92 ka24 with 400k kms on it. Drove really well, no rattle, all features included, ac electric everything. Paint is shite. Don't like the price and the dealer. They want 2k, but it does include registration. Not in a big hurry, I'll see where they at in a week haha
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 AM   #17267
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

An 80-year-old guy in one of the better neighborhoods of Seattle offered me a 1989 Pathy, two-door, XE, manual, V-6 with 106,000 miles on it for $1,500. It's in near showroom condition and regularly serviced.

My wife Gayla is not going for this idea, saying she wants a newer Pathy, 96-99. (See our ad at Craigslist HERE.)

I told her maybe we should pick up THIS Pathy anyway on a temp basis, and she can drive it for a while until we find her a newer one. Currently she's driving a 91 Civic hatchback worth no more than the same $1,500, although the Honda does have only 94K original miles. Needs fender though, brakes not that good, and clear coat is peeling. Hole where the stereo is. Pathy is all there, and everything works. I tried to convince her the Pathy would be a temp rig, and better than her Civic, but no luck.

Pictures of the Pathy below. I dunno...106K miles is tempting. Expert opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. I emailed her the link to this post. She will see your responses. Some of you know already we are fixing up an 82 280ZX two seater to finance a Pathy for her, and plan on selling the Honda Civic AND the Z car to do this. But I figured we could ditch the Honda NOW, put her into this Pathy for the moment until the Z is sold...THEN sell the Pathy BELOW (for substantially more than I can get for her Honda) and COMBINE the money to get her into the newer Pathy she really wants. What do YOU think? Her main objection is that this 89 has TBI, and that we had famous problems with the TBI in my old truck...so she doesn't want to go through that again. My opinion is that the 89 below has no such problems, is a much better rig, and we can easily sell it after the Z car is gone for more than the 12-15 hundred I can get for her Civic.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 113,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 06-22-2018 at 08:32 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #17268
h.stickeye

Vehicle: 91 Nissan Navara d21 Single Cab

dude that thing is sweet. and btw, i think u kinda gave up on your old issue, it really wasnt that bad. tbi's are a breeze to fix
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #17269
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

The 89 I used to own, I paid a measly $840 for it and made it work all around Puget Sound for four years. Plus the Eclipse campout to Oregon and all over the Forest Service on camping trips. It was a good rig until the end.

I finally gave up on it for two hundred dollars to a guy who had two other D21's that matched. And even when I did, I kept my high-dollar battery, the rubber bedliner, some off road lights, and even pulled my new shocks and put them on the 1997 rig below. No troubles since.

She wants a five speed Pathy with low miles. Those are tough to find 96-99, as in the Craigslist ad. But not impossible. This one might do for the moment, and looks better in the driveway than the Honda. Running gear is good on the Honda, but it leaks water into the hatchback, brakes are bad, hatch does not stay up by itself, body issues, etc. That Honda needs to be owned by some kid who wants a street race car and recognizes the value of low miles and solid running gear.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 113,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #17270
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,093 Times in 964 Posts

The TBI might give you issues, but there are only 2 injectors to fix on it. The MPI Pathy is going to have 6 injectors. They might be smaller than the 2 on the TBI, but they cost the same when priced each, and all injectors have to be replaced at the same time. At $200 a pop, that definitely makes you think, "WTF?" when looking at a MPI rig.

Years ago, I talked my mom into going from her Toyota Camry into an Isuzu Rodeo (it was when they just came out, and they were wildly popular). Yes, the Rodeo was a great little truck, but my mom sure was upset at how much she was spending on gas. Does your wife understand that she's going to be filling up twice as often with twice as much fuel?

Here's a pic of the old Rodeo the day it got written off as totalled by the insurance company with mom and dad's truck (now mine) in the picture from 2001. A tornado grabbed the house, picked it up, turned it 180, and dropped it in pieces all around. The 2 vehicles were in the garage, and were not lifted - but the debris that smashed all into them was more than insurance was willing to pay. Dad only carried liability on the little Hardbody, so he was "stuck" with it.

Bigger pics, linked because they will not resize:

Showing the Isuzu Rodeo and the Hardbody:

http://www.poolranch.com/tornado/TUE03.jpg

Showing my mom with her Rodeo in the background:

http://www.poolranch.com/tornado/TUE04.jpg
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote