Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Commerce > User Feedback

Old 05-28-2017, 03:21 AM   #1
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD
Default Personal Recommendation: Advance Auto Parts

I'm going to 'highly recommend' checking out Advance Auto Parts for your Nissan, or any other vehicle, when looking for parts. And I will list some reasons below that may be of help to you. (No, I don't work for them. Yes, they opened a new store right behind my house, so I checked them out thoroughly.) I live in Auburn, WA which is about twenty miles south of Seattle.

1) They have an online rewards program called SpeedPerks. Everytime you spend more than $50, they online you a code good for five bucks off on your next purchase of $20 or more. You sign up online. Then they start sending you weekly codes that take off up to 30% off your next purchase. It's a really generous program and you can save TONS of money. If you order your parts online, you can even combine BOTH the SpeedPerks discount, AND the online discount. I have saved up to fifty bucks on a $150 order that way.

2) Batteries. Forgettaboutit. They can't be beat, not even by Amazon or Ebay. I bought a top line battery for my 88 HB that was supposed to cost $126 plus the core charge, and ended up paying $86 plus tax. Then I bought a 105-amp hour deep cycle battery from them for about $80, again after the SpeedPerks discounts. The closest thing at Amazon was a 35-amp hour for the same money. The battery is well-made, (like all their other batteries) and this one weighed almost SIXTY pounds. Packs about 1,200 watt hours with a 150-minute reserve. Try to find one like that anywhere else for that price. Not a chance. On top of that, their batteries are NOT pro-rated. They come with full-replacement guarantees up to three years, depending on which level of battery you buy. Just keep your receipt in a safe place.

3) They don't hire people who used to work retail other than auto parts. Everyone who works there knows what the heck they are doing. Some parts places they can barely ID a spark plug.

4) They offer several levels of aftermarket parts and can get many parts in cheaper versions. Not that you'd want to buy the cheaper parts, but they DO offer them.

5) They will pretty much ship parts to your home for FREE, on orders of $75 or over, even HEAVY stuff.

6) The search functions on their website are well-linked and easy to navigate. In other words, some other places actually MATCHING your parts as correct can be tricky. With these guys it is easy.

7) If nothing else, sign up for SpeedPerks and stop buying your batteries at WalMart or Amazon or wherever else you've been going before.

8) They do $20 oil change specials all the time. (Five quarts and the filter)

9) They do a lot of free parts testing, more than other stores, and a lot of free installation on the small stuff. They'll even install those pesky wiper blades for you out in the parking lot.

10) Their site allows reviews of one-five stars from verified purchasers on anything they sell, and all parts descriptions have a Q and A function that is answered by an employee of the company. You can ask, they will answer.

Hint: Your max savings come when you order ONLINE. That way you can COMBINE your latest SpeedPerk discount, and whatever (20-25-30%) emailed-to-you-discount you have going that week. They don't charge your card until you come to the store for pickup. Bring your core, if any, and they will deduct that, as well.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 05-28-2017 at 03:33 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

autozone and oreillys are running them out of chattanooga,
Old 05-28-2017, 04:50 AM   #3
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

Could be they are better in the Seattle area. Around here, O'Reilly's doesn't have the best rep. One thing though...on some Nissan parts I think it's better to just follow the suggested links provided right here by the members and the ownership. I noticed most of those deals were pretty good.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 112,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote