Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #541
david29
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spring(Houston), Texas
Age: 50
Posts: 6,116
Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab
Thanks: 28
Thanked 538 Times in 481 Posts
Default

All finished up with the undercoating. Just put another light coat today to finish off a partially used can. Need to clean up the heat shield and install as well as the pieces that hold the plastic inner wheel well pieces. The mud flap holders are being blasted and will get undercoated as well and installed. The front bed supports are cleaned up and painted, and undercoated. Just need to install them. Then, other than a few touchups on the bottom of the bed, this thing will be ready to put on the frame after I get that built out.
__________________
My stable of Nissan trucks includes:
1987 Nissan King Cab(full frame off Restoration).
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #542
kellybig
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Omaha
Posts: 884
Vehicle: 1991 Nissan D21 King Cab V6 4x4 SE
Thanks: 31
Thanked 103 Times in 101 Posts
Default

You’re gonna be able to put the thing in a car show. Good detail work. I’m pretty much where you are minus the detail. My bed is going on as soon as I get time. My lizard skin sound control went in yesterday. My ceramic climate coat is going on in 2 hours.
kellybig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #543
david29
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spring(Houston), Texas
Age: 50
Posts: 6,116
Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab
Thanks: 28
Thanked 538 Times in 481 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybig View Post
You’re gonna be able to put the thing in a car show. Good detail work. I’m pretty much where you are minus the detail. My bed is going on as soon as I get time. My lizard skin sound control went in yesterday. My ceramic climate coat is going on in 2 hours.
The supplier of the Lizard Skin product I put in the cab told me I could use it on the underside as well. But I didnt have much left after thoroughly coating the inside of the cab. Its gonna be quiet in there after I reassemble the whole interior. I did both applications of Lizard skin as well.
__________________
My stable of Nissan trucks includes:
1987 Nissan King Cab(full frame off Restoration).
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #544
kellybig
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Omaha
Posts: 884
Vehicle: 1991 Nissan D21 King Cab V6 4x4 SE
Thanks: 31
Thanked 103 Times in 101 Posts
Default

I got a double coat with a gallon of the sound deadener. The ceramic insulator did not go as far for me. I double coated the hard to reach spots and will go old school on the ceiling and floors. No one in town had a gallon.
kellybig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:16 PM   #545
david29
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spring(Houston), Texas
Age: 50
Posts: 6,116
Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab
Thanks: 28
Thanked 538 Times in 481 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybig View Post
I got a double coat with a gallon of the sound deadener. The ceramic insulator did not go as far for me. I double coated the hard to reach spots and will go old school on the ceiling and floors. No one in town had a gallon.
I iniatally bought 2 gallon buckets of each product to get the whole cab done. I was able to do 4 thin coats of each and had some left over of both. I know its sold on ebay if you cant get it locally.
__________________
My stable of Nissan trucks includes:
1987 Nissan King Cab(full frame off Restoration).
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:04 PM   #546
kellybig
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Omaha
Posts: 884
Vehicle: 1991 Nissan D21 King Cab V6 4x4 SE
Thanks: 31
Thanked 103 Times in 101 Posts
Default

The ceramic coating has to be applied within 24-36 hours of sound deadener for optimal performance. It’s all good. I just ordered some Aluminum heat shield. Got all the hard to reach spots so should be easy install for that.
kellybig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:15 AM   #547
david29
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spring(Houston), Texas
Age: 50
Posts: 6,116
Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab
Thanks: 28
Thanked 538 Times in 481 Posts
Default

Blasting parts and paint work getting done and then installing parts. Progress is progress I guess. Tried to install the new Energy Suspension bushings in the Belltech drop leafs. It was a no go on the front bushings. I have the bushings that came in the leafs but they got left outside and got sunbaked. Energy Suspension wants $5.17 each piece plus shipping. guess Ill be ordering more parts. Might just throw the olds ones back in at this point. Tired of this thing bleeding me money. But Im not giving up on it.




__________________
My stable of Nissan trucks includes:
1987 Nissan King Cab(full frame off Restoration).
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #548
jp2code
Software Developer
 
jp2code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Longview, TX [USA]
Age: 51
Posts: 9,920
Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanks: 1,579
Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david29 View Post
Blasting parts and paint work getting done and then installing parts. Progress is progress I guess. Tried to install the new Energy Suspension bushings in the Belltech drop leafs. It was a no go on the front bushings. I have the bushings that came in the leafs but they got left outside and got sunbaked. Energy Suspension wants $5.17 each piece plus shipping. guess Ill be ordering more parts. Might just throw the olds ones back in at this point. Tired of this thing bleeding me money. But Im not giving up on it.
Are both of those cross-members (the black and the silver next to one another) stock?

I don't look at the bare frame often, and mine would be all brown from all the splashes through muddy water.
__________________
Joe (not a mechanic!) Don't have an account? EMAIL ME
Factory Service Manuals: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Hardbody/
Walk-through: Checking Nissan Trouble Codes
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #549
kellybig
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Omaha
Posts: 884
Vehicle: 1991 Nissan D21 King Cab V6 4x4 SE
Thanks: 31
Thanked 103 Times in 101 Posts
Default

The black/silver offset On frame looks excellent.
kellybig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 AM   #550
david29
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spring(Houston), Texas
Age: 50
Posts: 6,116
Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab
Thanks: 28
Thanked 538 Times in 481 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Are both of those cross-members (the black and the silver next to one another) stock?

I don't look at the bare frame often, and mine would be all brown from all the splashes through muddy water.
Joe,
The black one is a custom one off piece I did to mount the Temec 5 speed trans to. The existing side mounts were shaved off because the stock cross member wouldnt adjust far enough back to allow me to bolt up the new trans to it. I had to notch out the middle of the silver one(torsion bar rear mount Xmember) to allow the very back of trans to rest inside that section. At this point I probably could have just added a piece of 1/4" plate and bolted it to the bottom of the torsion bar cross member and made the trans mount much smaller. I may end up doing that. But I spent alot of time making the new cross member(black one) that I dont think I will change it. Im not a fabricator. So i wasnt thinking that well back then. LOL!!!
__________________
My stable of Nissan trucks includes:
1987 Nissan King Cab(full frame off Restoration).
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.