Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 12-09-2015, 02:14 AM   #121
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

the adjuster bracket? None

Used two washers behind the bracket (on each bolt) to space it out slightly.

I modified the alternator differently than the write up. Short version, I ground the lip down under the pulley so the pulley sits back further, than cut about a 1/4" off the upper mount so the adjuster bracket wouldn't need to be spaced out as far.

If you don't space the adjuster bracket out, the alternator will not move all the way towards the block. and it puts the adjuster bracket at an angle and makes adjusting the alternator hard.

Nissanut shows how to modify the alternator on his site, his was for the V6 though. On the V6 Pathfinder I had, I did that install differently than his write up as well, did not modify the stock adjusting bracket at all.

see his write up here:

http://nissannut.com/projects/alt_upgrade/

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #122
Dragon
Lowered Class c.c

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan hardbody

OK looking at that write up it looks pretty straight forward, but would the v6 adjuster bracket be a better way to go it looks to have the offset needed to not have to space out the ka one, just from what it looks like in his pictures
06 armada(bertha), 24's, system, looking to slam it
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:27 AM   #123
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

No need really, the V6 bracket only uses one hole, the KA uses two, not sure if it would work.

Grinding down the front lip takes the longest, I used a carbide bit in a air grinder, than a 3M scotch brite pad in the an angle air grinder to polish the surface, 4 bolts to remove the front case of the alternator (8mm)

this is how I did it on the V6, used a short piece of the original Quest adjuster bracket, drilled a hole in one end and bolted it to the lower tab on the alternator, on the V6 the alternator is upside down compared to the KA.

Than the hole that was already in the Quest bracket I connected to the stock V6 bracket, the short bracket I made connects the alternator to the stock adjuster, still adjustable like stock, no need to modify the stock V6 bracket, belt clears, no problems, pic below:

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #124
Dragon
Lowered Class c.c

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan hardbody

So I finally got around to doing my alt conversion, I drilled the bottom holes out, no problem, I also shaved the bump from behind the pulley and bolted the old pulley on, and shaved about a 1/4 inch off the top mount cuz it sticks out a little more then the stock, got a belt 3 sizes longer and bolted it all together, took me about an hour to do and it works great
06 armada(bertha), 24's, system, looking to slam it
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote