Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 05-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #1
ZECK

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody Extended Cab
Sheep La Loca Roja

Hello Everybody, decided I start logging the progress of my Mini Truck. I don't have much mechanical knowledge even less when it comes to fabricating. This site has lots of great knowledge that will be useful when the time is right. And thankfully I have my brother (95machine) to help with mechanical mods and problems. Fabricating will be something I learn on the way.

I bought this 93 D21 King Cab KA24E around late 2015 but didn't get it on the road until about one year ago. Since then I have resolved any issues using this site.

The interior is not half bad. It's missing vents and the dome light cover but everything else is complete.

The exterior has a few dings and dents, the only rust I currently see is probably the size of a dime right next to the windshield.

This is around mid May early June. At that time I had replaced the grille (the previous owner had one that was hanging on by a hair),changed corner lights, changed my headlights to HID's, replaced the taillights with the Ebay LED taillights ( the previous ones didn't turn on and the bulbs were melted) put 15x10 wheels that I got from my brother (95machine, since he no longer has his truck), also got his bucket seats (the previous owner had ripped seats). As you see, the previous owner had damaged driver fender at the time I purchased. When I purchased the truck the owner gave me 3 inch lowering blocks so those went on (right after these photos) and I played with the torsions bars.

Being a long-time lurker I kinda had an idea of how and where I would like to have my truck. But just like any other "project" I ever began I never finished them . So I plan to take this "Loca Roja" one mod at a time.

The first mod I had completed was the Big Brake Upgrade. Since it was going to be done over the weekend I decided to paint the calibers Red. Big thanks to the Big Brake Upgrade How-To on here!

Then for Xmas/Wedding Anniversary my wife gifted me Bucket Seats, Seat Belt Harness Bar, 4 point Seat Harness and A/C vents. My Mother-In-Law gifted me a new driver fender and NRG Steering Wheel Hub.

95machine had a NRG Steering Wheel laying around that he never installed so I was able to get that. I then purchased the NRG quick release.

The Bucket Seats are Spec-D Racing replicas of NRG, I believe, but they RECLINE! The seats only came with sliders and I couldn't find mounting brackets so I purchased brackets from ScrappingPavement. I bolt the sliders to the seats and then all together to the mounting brackets from SP.

I got the passenger seat in sometime in February and got lazy and didn't do my driver seat till this past weekend.

End Results:

The door panels are missing because I got lazy and didn't put them back on after installing the speakers and fixing the lock. They will go on this weekend ... so I said last weekend.

This is how she currently sits. DON'T ask why the yellow wheels. I was high and thought yellow would look good but only did the back two to "test" them out hahaha

The bed is a little crooked, I'm not sure if its the bed bushings or the leaf springs.

Well next is to mock up and install the Seat Belt Harness Bar with the Seat Belt Harness.

Eventually tear apart the dash to install the A/C vents and future mods to come.

Next BIG mod I am looking into are:
- Belltech Leaf Springs
- Belltech Drop Spindles

Well thats all I got for now. Until next update.

Oh and if you are near Pomona, or SGV area HMU. I'm up and down that area. Don't see many mini trucks.
ZECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 AM   #2
ZECK

Its said I used 16 out of 15 photos so I had to remove one.. Here she is. Loca.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
NizMoKool
Nizmo Ride

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE King Cab

Good looking truck and those bucket seats fits perfect on that truck!
NizMoKool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
ZECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NizMoKool View Post
Good looking truck and those bucket seats fits perfect on that truck!
Thank you
Old 05-24-2018, 04:26 AM   #5
ZECK

A little update on the truck.

I installed the harness bar as well as the 4 point harness belt.

Really happy with my results and how the truck is turning out.

I didn't take a photo of the compete harness setup , I will tomorrow.

But here is where Loca stands.

I'm thinking of removing the yellow on the wheels

And just gotta find an Aluminum Welder for the 240 intake manifold I got. Gonna do the EGR delete.

Until next update.