Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 03-07-2018, 11:36 PM   #1
OneHandedRuiz

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan Hardbody
Default Little Hardbody That Will

I bought this truck roughly six months ago and have been following this website for all my problems since. When I bought the truck, the guy told me the brake lights stuck, and that there was no title and that was it.
I had 2 weeks of standard driving experience a year before this. So we went and we looked at the truck, and it looked pretty rough around the edges but the interior was allllll there. So naturally I said screw it and bought it. $500 later, 2 hours from home with a 5 speed truck that I only prayed I would make it home in. On the way home it started to sprinkle so naturally I hit the wipers, well the window had a little green on it like you get from sitting under the trees and the wipers were ground to the metal. So in comes this huge smear across the windshield. Alright well it needs wiper blades, no biggie. went to hit the blinkers, they didn't work. The dome light didn't work. The lights and taillights didn't work. The brake lights were stuck on. I got it to work and started reading up on here. Found the bolt trick for the brake lights so I super glued a nickel to it. Fixed, cool.
The light situation was a bitch though. Fuses and tow packages and all these things it could be. None of them worked. Well there was a cluster f*ck of wires in the radio hole, so I ripped it all out and stuffed the wiring harness neatly back in place and the dash lights clicked on. Awesome. After that i put some 6.5s in the doors and a $20 headunit from walmart and to no avail it didn't come on.
Now this problem I fixed by jumping off my cig lighter. But I bought a dome light because i figured my unit was bad and it didn't click on. This one took a while but what happened was the PO ran those fuse jumpers off a ton of fuses for random crap and then pulled a few out. Leaving the radio fuse without a contact. Fixed.
Corner light was busted. Bought a pair on eBay. Done and they look much better.
Bought a set of vision x projector headlights and they look great.
Now that this is up to speed and the little stuff is accounted for, on to the big stuff that wasn't me fixing the previous owners mistakes.
Heres the truck before and after the corners

Last edited by OneHandedRuiz; 04-11-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: broken pics
OneHandedRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #2
OneHandedRuiz

I have since put a new starter in the truck only to have it turn out to be the relay.
2 weeks after the starter went in the bendix went out on it and another starter went in.
I also bought 6x9's and 6.5's to put in the doors and had to move the 6.5's to the vent holes in the doors and I put the 6x9's in the 6.5's hole with a little cutting.

The 6x9's have a spacer behind them as well.

Last edited by OneHandedRuiz; 04-11-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #3
OneHandedRuiz

Default Seats

So I found some immaculate blue buckets for the truck!
Old grey bench seat

New blue buckets! ($150 is what I paid for these)

Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #4
OneHandedRuiz

So I've bought the front end kit from moog, motor and tranny mounts, center support bearing, and the energy suspension bushing kit. All going on next week. I'll try to post pictures.
Im also going to try and take a few pictures showcasing the whole truck this weekend to post for you guys.
As of right now, I'm going to put all those parts on of course, brakes, shocks, and then next stop will be a tranny rebuild bc this does not like to go into first or reverse at all. I just replaced the clutch as well as the fluid (only half of whats required came out).
If you have any recommendations on shocks I'd love to hear them. The trucks on what I believe are 3 or 4 inch blocks and torsion in the front.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #5
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,270 Posts

Looking good
Old 03-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #6
kellybig

Vehicle: 1991 Nissan D21 King Cab V6 4x4 SE

Nice. Looking forward to more updates.
kellybig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #7
Hardbody92

Vehicle: 1992 hardbody

For the rear shocks get some from a nisssan quest. Also do the big brake upgrade using parts from a v6 hardbody. Junkyard has all that you need for the brakes
OneHandedRuiz (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 01:51 AM   #8
OneHandedRuiz

Awesome, I'll be near a junkyard this coming up week and may head by to see if they have them. Thanks
Old 03-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #9
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

Got any pictures of what you had to cut from the doors? I like that second speaker addition.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #10
OneHandedRuiz

I’ll look through my laptop tonight to find it.
When I took the pics off my phone it uploaded them all out of whack so it’s hard to find stuff.
Basically when you take the panel off I cut the 6x9 oval over the stock holes. (Wouldn’t have had to but my driver door leaks so I had to use a baffle to protect it. A spacer should work just fine) The 6.5s moved to the vent and to do that I got a razor and cut through the panel in which the speakers just cover the edges of the rectangle from the vent. And I didn’t cut the door for those.

Thanked by:
Uncle Jimmy (03-18-2018)