Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 01-18-2018, 03:07 AM   #1
GoldTurdD21

Vehicle: 1997 Nissan pickup
Default Lowering question!

Whatsup everyone, I got a 1997 nissan pickup lowered with belltech drop spindles and blocks kit. After lowering it, it still has about a 4 inch gap on the rear and 2 inch gap on the front. Iíve seen other pickups with the same wheel specs 195/50/15 that are flush. So, any advice on what I should do to eliminate the wheel gap and lower the truck more? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A96859E9-589D-4435-9DBA-14A49E86499D.jpg (23.1 KB, 7 views)
GoldTurdD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,270 Posts

In the front you can adjust the torsion bars to lower it some more. In the back you can get 4" blocks or you can redrill the hangers. There's a sticky on redrilling hangers.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
GoldTurdD21

Vehicle: 1997 Nissan pickup

Belltech also sells a drop leaf spring but Iíve heard there can be an issue with the driveline binding? Has anyone used them before?
GoldTurdD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
86.5KC

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1986.5, King Cab, Z24i, 5speed, 2wd

Hi Gold,
I have the Belltech spindles and the Belletech rear 3" springs. I also have done the redrill of the rear spring perch.

I did have my carrier bearing go out and measured all of my driveline angles, because of the bearing failure. I did end up putting in a 3degree shim from don't remember where to get the driveline back to correct. I think that was because of the redrill+the springs.....

I think there are lots of other posts here about the Belltech springs, that have had no problems ever......

Truly I think that my redrill was done a little bit too far to the rear of the truck which caused the driveline angles to go askew. Also I redid the whole suspension before I ever drove the truck. When I got the truck it was torsion bar cranked to drop the front with no bumpstops front or rear, and 4inch angled blocks with (I think) a leaf removed to drop the rear. There was only about 3/8ths of an inch of axle travel in the rear before the frame and axle made contact. To add to that with 130k miles I have no idea if the original carrier bearing was ever replaced, but judging by the condition of other things on the truck I suspect that it was not.

Even still I never have had binding, even under heavy acceleration.
86.5KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:38 AM   #5
HiPsi2j

Vehicle: T4R

Im looking at buying a 2001-2004 frontier and i have a question, what drop/mods where done to this truck and what rims are those? Im asking because this is basically what i want on mine. I had a frontier before ans lowered using 2 inch blocks and also front torsion bars, then i went with the belltech street shocks and never had a problem with it. Im looking at buying another one since i will be needing a truck soon to move around car parts (supras getting built ☺️ ) any input would be helpful. In advance thanks and aorry to jack thread, didnt want to make a new one

https://mulpix.com/post/980674691339785336.html
HiPsi2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
tilepusher

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1993

I too have the Belltech Dropped Spindles & 3" Dropped Leaf Springs, without the Redrill. The only problem I have is Destroying of every Shocks, Short Body or otherwise, within a year. I think I am going go back to the stock rear leaf springs & just take out a Leaf of my stock springs, let it sag a little lower than stock & adjust the front torsion bars to level the truck. It should be a little lower than stock & I think it will allow me to run stock sized KYB Monomax Shocks?
tilepusher is offline   Reply With Quote