Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Gordo78
I'm The Juggernaut B&#@^!

Vehicle: 91 HB

Loving the result already! Going for old school mini I take it?

I have a modshop roll pan also. Had some issues fitting it, make sure you open and check tailgate clearance before burning it in for good.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #12
TheDoughboy

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo78 View Post
Loving the result already! Going for old school mini I take it?

I have a modshop roll pan also. Had some issues fitting it, make sure you open and check tailgate clearance before burning it in for good.
Yep, going old school 😀. I am going to bolt the pan in for now and weld it in when I get re-painted. Thanks for the install tip.
TheDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:37 AM   #13
TheDoughboy

Since the rain is moving in tomorrow I gave the truck a good scrub today. Also added a large Fox Racing decal over the body damage, to act like camouflage. Installed some led bubs up front and Silver Star head lights. Took off the grill and cleaned the chrome plastic real good. The grill mounting clips I bought a couple weeks ago turned out to be wrong.

So I'll be ridin' dirty without the grill until I get the correct hardware. But the chrome grill is sparkling and waiting to be installed. I'm going to bolt the roll pan on my next day off.

Got some 4wd shocks from Rock Auto last night and need to install them. Also, re-aim the headlights.

I think I need to lower the rear down some more, or does the rake work? Any input is welcome

Last edited by TheDoughboy; 01-14-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:20 AM   #14
Gordo78

The rake works, but you could always redrill the hangers and take care of it if you want level. I love Fox Racing as a brand, and have a ton of their apparel and riding gear, but IMO it looks out of place on an old school styled truck.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #15
TheDoughboy

Quote:
I love Fox Racing as a brand, and have a ton of their apparel and riding gear, but IMO it looks out of place on an old school styled truck.
I agree, the Fox logo is not old school. But surprisingly I have had a bunch of people digging it. The funny thing is I don't even ride dirt bikes, I'm a road bike guy. I saw the decal on eBay and said to myself "That will fit over the body damage nicely"

Damage the original owner did I might add I have a roll pan to install and I am going to bolt it in for now. I'll weld it in when I get the truck re-painted in blue in the future. I was thinking about sticker bombing the roll pan before installing. Again, not really old school but I have Not seen a truck with a stickered roll pan yet.

What do you think, think it will fly?

Last edited by TheDoughboy; 01-14-2018 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:11 AM   #16
Gordo78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoughboy View Post
I agree the Fox logo is not really old school. Surprisingly I have had a bunch of people digging it on there. The funny thing is I don't even ride dirt bikes, I used to ride road bikes. I saw this 28" decal on eBay and said to myself "that will fit over the body damage nicely"

Damage the original owner did I might add I have a roll pan to install and I am going to bolt it in for now. I'll weld it in when I get the truck re-painted in blue in the future. I was thinking about sticker bombing the roll pan before installing. Again, not really old school but I have Not seen a truck with a stickered roll pan yet.

What do you think, think it will fly?
I'd just rattle can it white, surely one of the off-the-shelf brands would be close? It's up to you though.

PS I forgot to mention earlier, but I also bolted my roll pan in first, and still did have some issues fitting my roll pan when it was just bolted. Took a lot of tweaking, and always seemed high in the middle. I still haven't welded it yet, but that's on my to do list any day now.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:20 AM   #17
TheDoughboy

Quote:
I'd just rattle can it white, surely one of the off-the-shelf brands would be close?
I already have spray cans of color matched paint and clear coat on the way as we speak.

Last edited by TheDoughboy; 01-14-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #18
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Vehicle: A Hardbody

Saw this pic you posted in your foglight thread. Love this truck. Are you riding on bumpstops at this height?

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }</div>
Old 05-21-2018, 01:06 AM   #19
TheDoughboy

Thank you! I get so many thumbs ups driving around. At the gas station or a parking people come up to me and ask about it or tell me about the truck they had in the 80's or 90's. You just don't see too many old school minis.

Sure feels like I'm on the bumps I did cut them in half. 3" blocks in the rear with the hangar redrill mod. Since I commute 52 miles round trip. At some point I might get the Belltech 2" drop spindles and their 3" rear leaf for a better overall ride.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #20
NizMoKool
Nizmo Ride

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE King Cab

Nice looking truck! I'm hoping to get started on mine soon. Have you installed the stereo setup yet?
NizMoKool is offline   Reply With Quote