Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Nissan SUV

Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #11
Irongrave
Retired Mod

Vehicle: 1989 Hardbody

I love mild dropped Xs, Something wrong about doing it makes it that much cooler.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
dcnded

Vehicle: D21 1988

..building one right now at work, 2002 , yellow SE SC, out with the VG33ER and in with the SR20DET ,'95 toyota front clip, 300zx irs, going to lay rocker !!, body is off right now and tubbing for 20's.
should be nice!! staying stock body for this season so it can actually be driven this year.
i guess i should post some pics eh ...lol
dcnded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
godsmck02

Vehicle: 07 nissan xterra and 06 gmc envoy

ok so I know this is an old thread and im new to this site but figured it was the perfect spot for my topic.....

so I have a 07 Nissan xterra and within the next year I plan on baggin' it, if I don't choose to do my 06 envoy. now I know there has been 1st gen xterras done but haven't seen a 2nd gen xterra laying out on the ground. im doing research on how to approach this possible task and have concerns up front esp since there aren't really any kits to even lower the xterra. now I was thinking up front of possible using frontier parts from the 2nd gen but not sure what parts I count directly swap over or possibly mod to fit. having trouble to finding drop spindles for the 2nd gen frontiers.... I know the lift spindles are a direct swamp but figured I could find some drop spindles to help gain 2" on the xterra to go along with the bags. out back im trying to decide whether a 4 link or 6 link would be better for my application...really its trying to figure out what would work best with trying to keep the stock gas tank in its location that its in right now. I feel like this will be a big task to achieve; bagging this beast but my back up is the gmc envoy. rather do the xterra for wow factor since there aren't many done esp the 2nd gen. if done right the xterra would look sick layed out and pulling up at a show no one would expect a xterra to drop it to the floor.

just really missing the air ride....had a 96 ext cab s10 that was full air ride fbss and got rid of it since there are so many s10s and ready for a new project and landed with the envoy but now im thinking the xterra is the route I may go and keep the envoy as my DD.
godsmck02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
godsmck02

from searching doesnt seem like there are drop spindles for the newer frontiers..... hmmm guess the front will have to be custom tubular ca's with bag plates etc.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
Creepy Cruiser

Vehicle: Bagged '65 Cadi Hearse

This guy actually makes custom drop spindles for titans and frontiers. My buddy has them on his titan and they are pretty nice.

http://www.biokustoms.com/

This is why they call me Creepy, lol.
The Creepy Cruiser ( My Bagged 65' Caddy Hearse), AND YES, "I DRAG THE HELL OUT OF IT." LOL
Creepy Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #16
godsmck02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
This guy actually makes custom drop spindles for titans and frontiers. My buddy has them on his titan and they are pretty nice.

http://www.biokustoms.com/
thanks for the info.....

wonder if they would swap over to the xterra. I see the titan ones fit on several vehicles.

edit: sent a message to the company.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:04 AM   #17
Fabrik8

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1995

Working on a 2004 now. Base, black, 5 speed KA24DE (building a turbo block). I don't plan to dump it too much and it wont be all wild. Maybe 4" drop 18" Titan / Armada wheels it's my daily. I'm expecting around 380-400 RWHP.

Engine list:

CP Pistons 8.6:1
Arias H-beam rods
1mm over-sized Ferrea valves
MS Stand alone PnP OBD1 conversion for a 96-98 240sx
The regular turbo stuff, 255Lph fuel pump, 75# MSD injectors, Going to coil on plug (MS to the rescue) FMIC, Customized JGS manifold, GT3571R turbo, Custom 3" exhaust, modified SR Downpipe, bunch of other crap I'm not listing for simplicity.

Once I get it lowered I will start posting pics I really havent done much other than tear the block (extra block) down and get it ready for the rebuild.

Something I dont know that maybe you guys can help me sort out, is the clutch for the truck KA trans the same as the 240sx trans? If so I guess I'll have a ton of options.

Sadly I have to drive my Yota when I do the swap pre-tune and I'm dreading the 7 MPG's it gets (Not exaggerating).
Fabrik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #18
sparky

Vehicle: 1997 Nissan Hardbody

Here's my Xterra with 18" Nismo's!

Last edited by sparky; 02-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:52 PM   #19
mjjackass

Vehicle: nissan xterra
Default Lowering 2000 nissan xterra rwd

i'm new to this thread and i'm full of questions, but i need to know how low i can lower the truck from the front using only the torsion bars? any feedback would be apreciated, thank you!!!!
mjjackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #20
slo87

Vehicle: 6/86 d21 Z24I 4X4 King cab

I'll just chime in with my xterra experience
2011 pro 4x debadged dad has owned it since new 119,1xx miles as of today. I've done no more than tire rotation and oil changes air filters cabin filters. Brakes lived till 110,000 still having life left first two tires finally got sketchy around 90,000 and got swapped other two lasted till 105,000 it needs shocks but given its age and probably 70,000 of its life has had a trailer behind it. No major problems B level services at 60,000 and will be again at 120,000 by Townsend Nissan of Tuscaloosa Alabama.
At this point he couldn't be happier with the truck and I'll admit for it to be totally stock it's a badass. No mechanical problems to report except a recall on the oil cooler mounting bolts lol. Just make sure in the hot months to crack the windows on that black bastard or you WILL come out to an exploded rear window. It's happened every summer since he bought it new.
slo87 is offline   Reply With Quote